2022-23 GTWBB

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty sure most of us would have taken a 7-2 record at this point before the season started. A lot of people thought we would be way down this year with the roster losses we had. It hasn't always been pretty but a win is a win. Very happy to see Nell expand her rotation to include players like Ines and Wone-Aranaz along with Dunn. I believe all of them will improve as the season progresses. I like the fact that none of them are afraid to shoot the ball. I think Perea looked more aggressive this past game so hopefully that continues. Finally, I have been impressed with the defense. While we could improve on our rebounding, we are still the best in the ACC in points allowed.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
“The NCAA has said it will consider unbundling the package of rights, which could include breaking out the women’s basketball championship and selling it on its own. It is thought, sources said, that the rights for the women’s basketball tournament will generate more annual revenue than the entire package of championships.”

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
First half stats against CMU

Attachments

• 20221211_135838.jpg
    20221211_135838.jpg
    798.9 KB · Views: 27

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Went to the game also. Team looks more cohesive. The freshmen are very impressive!
Yeah it was a different, more focused team today that played well together and caused a lot of positive pressure through turnovers, attacking basketball, and good shooting.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
After watching the replay, I have a couple of thoughts on the CMU game.

No matter their points, Swartz and Jackson are the glue holding this team together.

Our three freshmen (Morgan, Noguero, and Dunn) are going to be wonderful players at GT. Noguero needs to work on her defense, but she is very comfortable on the court and seems to have an advanced sense of the flow on offense. Morgan is our 3rd best player right now and might our best next year. She is good!

I know this was Central Michigan and not NC State, but I like this group of Jackets. Also, if the Atlanta Braves have to change their nickname, how does CMU keep Chippewas???

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
@Gtfan09 had responded OAS adroitly about Tech going over 70 points. Made me think back to how worn out we were at the conclusion of last season aided in our firepower lacking. I suggested to my son over the Band playing loudly yesterday, how much of a difference our inside aggression is lacking without Cubaj. He said what about Lahtinen? Spot on my guy! She led us in points per game average, steals and assists. Yes, Morgan will be fine. When she was isolated down low, she left her feet on a pump fake from a guard allowing an easy two. Tonie will learn there is no one behind or beside her for help. I like Dunn, too. Going to be a star in this conference. Need to get Ines more minutes. Carter definitely needs to play more. Personally, I’d like to see Boswell play with Swartz and Jackson, when we take on Furman at home. Keep fresh, stay fresh!

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Excellent first quarter against Furman today. We've been on fire at the line and are playing extremely aggressive, yet clean, pressuring defense. Up 23-9 after 1