2022-23 GTWBB

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Not me.
The Team chemistry is not there. Everyone needs to take ownership.
I agree. When Swartz missed both FTs with seconds remaining you knew something was terribly off. She is hitting 86% for the season. It is puzzling for sure. There is no reason for these women to lose by 40+ points to anyone.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Only ACE(Carter) is left from the four woman class of a few years back, and she has never been given consistent minutes. I would expect her to graduate and hit the portal as a Grad. Trf. That specific class had all been nominated for the McDonald’s Burger Gal team. Covid ripped into that game for a cancellation.

Next year we have three projects for the ACC and Thomas, whom I really like.
Room for 4 more ‘ships. I’m hearing Hermosa, Aranaz, Clark, won’t be back.
That leaves 7 on the roster plus the 4 early signees, presently. Portal? International?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I noticed CNF got off the bench in last night’s game and started coaching up and down the Tech sideline in the second half. Finally looked like we were trying to play some defense.

It doesn’t take superstar talent to hustle, move our feet, guard or get position. Right?

Blackshear had 18 vs. UM. Her second straight double-double.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I was impressed with Noguero last night. She is showing great progress.
I didn’t mean to leave her out. Personally, I’d give her more minutes. Very impressed with how she’s coming along. Defensively too!
Would shock me silly if Carter stays next season. That will put a wrap on that four person class that came in a few years ago. Boyd, McQueen, Love, are gone.

Lewis, Carson, Dixon, Balogun, Fletcher, Bulane, Bates(WVU this year), all left.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I didn’t mean to leave her out. Personally, I’d give her more minutes. Very impressed with how she’s coming along. Defensively too!
Would shock me silly if Carter stays next season. That will put a wrap on that four person class that came in a few years ago. Boyd, McQueen, Love, are gone.

Lewis, Carson, Dixon, Balogun, Fletcher, Bulane, Bates(WVU this year), all left.
Is this to suggest we have a hidden problem? Or is this just the way of the world in WCBB these days?

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Is this to suggest we have a hidden problem? Or is this just the way of the world in WCBB these days?
To be fair Dixon and Balogun were leaving before Nell was announced as coach. I think Fletcher wanted to play her final year on a top team so I don't think there was anything there. Bates is averaging less than 2 points a game and shooting .286 so not a big loss. McQueen comes off the bench at Bama and plays less than half the game and shoots only 38% overall. Her departure appeared to be all about being benched for a game. I'm not sure that kind of attitude is good for any locker room. Bulane saw Morgan and Jackson coming in and realized she wouldn't be seeing much time so left and went home. Take a look at other rosters around the ACC and nation and many have much more movement than we have seen so I think it is just the way things are now. These kids have friends and family in their ears all the time telling them how great they are and encouraging them to go find playing time somewhere else. To insinuate there is a problem with Nell and her staff is a stretch at least and irresponsible at worst.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
20230115_165233.jpg

Halftime stats against the dukies

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
Duke 65 Tech 47.

So, in your opinion, what does/can this team do you get better? Is there anything we can do this season, or do we have to rely on the off-season for improvement? We're now 9-9 overall,but 0-7 in conference. Thoughts?