2022-23 GTWBB

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Nice win over Clemson tonight. Very light crowd. These girls deserve more support from our student body.
Somebody in the crowd behind the east hoop yelled out/reminded me about #0's 40 point game against us last year. That was an amazing performance.

Thankfully that #0 graduated and this year's #0 only put up 6 points today. Hermosa was really dominant today. I'm surprised we had less ORBs than them - I thought we were cleaning up but I guess we didn't miss many shots tonight --> not many ORBs to pull down.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
What I noticed were the 5 players had 81 of the points and FT’s were very good. Most points scored in a long time, and only around a dozen TO’s.

Nice to put things together, and I feared Amauri Robinson would have more fans than Tech would.

pittkesh99

Georgia Tech Fan
Nice win over Clemson tonight. Very light crowd. These girls deserve more support from our student body.
Yeah this student body unfortunately has always struggled to attend women’s sports. I’ve gone to every game this year as a student and been encouraging my friends to show up, so we’ve been growing very slightly. It ain’t much, but hopefully as we continue to win more will show!

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Yeah this student body unfortunately has always struggled to attend women’s sports. I’ve gone to every game this year as a student and been encouraging my friends to show up, so we’ve been growing very slightly. It ain’t much, but hopefully as we continue to win more will show!
I don’t know if your first sentence is true. Volleyball gets a good student turnout and they sold out every (non-McCamish) game this season. Now if you say we are a fickle fanbase that only supports winners, that is very true. There is endless competition in Atlanta for your entertainment hours and dollars. And for sports hours/dollars, we have 4 major professional sports teams. You have more options here than just spending your winter watching the Cornhuskers go 12-20 again (no hate to them, their fanbase is undeniably loyal).

pittkesh99

Georgia Tech Fan
I don’t know if your first sentence is true. Volleyball gets a good student turnout and they sold out every (non-McCamish) game this season. Now if you say we are a fickle fanbase that only supports winners, that is very true. There is endless competition in Atlanta for your entertainment hours and dollars. And for sports hours/dollars, we have 4 major professional sports teams. You have more options here than just spending your winter watching the Cornhuskers go 12-20 again (no hate to them, their fanbase is undeniably loyal).
Oh yeah my bad I meant to say Women’s Basketball but got a brain freeze. Volleyball is always packed. The only time I ever remember Women’s Bball being fully packed was against UCONN

Lone Star Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Somebody in the crowd behind the east hoop yelled out/reminded me about #0's 40 point game against us last year. That was an amazing performance.

Thankfully that #0 graduated and this year's #0 only put up 6 points today. Hermosa was really dominant today. I'm surprised we had less ORBs than them - I thought we were cleaning up but I guess we didn't miss many shots tonight --> not many ORBs to pull down.
Nice to see Hermosa start contributing again. She’s struggled with Cubaj (and Strautmane) gone.

I was hoping Aranaz would show something this year on the front line, but she‘s pretty much a non-factor again.

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
Nice to see Hermosa start contributing again. She’s struggled with Cubaj (and Strautmane) gone.

I was hoping Aranaz would show something this year on the front line, but she‘s pretty much a non-factor again.
Aranaz is a hustler. Gotta love that, but she really doesn't have very good court awareness. She constantly gets beat back door and off the dribble. Plus she is not a very good rebounder at all. I cringe whenever she touches the ball in the paint. For someone who is 6'3" she struggles to. even make layups. Last night Hermosa hit the boards harder than she has all year. We really need one or more of the bigs next year to be able to rebound consistently.

HurricaneJacket

Helluva Engineer
20230202_205131.jpg

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
There may be a chemistry problem, but GT is getting out-hustled and out-played by better basketball players. We have one shooter that does not have a great all-around game (rebounding, defense, drawing fouls, laying out on the court for loose balls, etc.). We are desperately missing tenacity, defense, savvy basketball skills, and rebounding of Latinen, Cubaj, and some others.
There was no chemistry problem tonight. The team is coming together.

gtie73

Ramblin' Wreck
There may be a chemistry problem, but GT is getting out-hustled and out-played by better basketball players. We have one shooter that does not have a great all-around game (rebounding, defense, drawing fouls, laying out on the court for loose balls, etc.). We are desperately missing tenacity, defense, savvy basketball skills, and rebounding of Latinen, Cubaj, and some others.
hope you saw the game tonight

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Not sure if you could see it on the television side, but Swartz had a shiner on her left eye, that sports makeup couldn’t hide. That shot she hit from Fowler St. at the end of the 3rd, was huuuge! We had so many clutch plays throughout the game. Coach used those timeouts perfectly at the end to take the ball out of bounds in front of our bench, instead of facing the backcourt press.

Past-near worked the WBB team out, when we were between coaches. Maybe Nellie can bring her staff over to MBB practice and school the dudes a little.
Can’t hurt any to try.