2021 Preseason Thread

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
According to sources from Adam (ChasonBaller) Schefter, Dylan Deveney got injured and has his right arm in a sling. Was told it is not serious but I cannot confirm that yet.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
How does one find all the post practice interviews? I looked on YT with no luck. There was a clip from the NIL thread about Adonicas Sanders so there is at least one I haven’t seen. Was it not released?

I’m so accustomed to everything being posted here that I realized I don’t really know how to find them.
Also direct YouTube channel

Recleb

Georgia Tech Fan
Some upbeat comments from a BC beat writer on CGC. Surprised where he puts their coach, given their performance his first season.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
Some upbeat comments from a BC beat writer on CGC. Surprised where he puts their coach, given their performance his first season.
Interesting - was surprised by this bit:
“Apparently, Collins has not endeared himself to the local media and is somewhat abrasive. But from an outsider’s perspective, the players seem bought in and Georgia Tech was extremely competitive against nearly every opponent last year.”

First I have heard of this?

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Interesting - was surprised by this bit:
“Apparently, Collins has not endeared himself to the local media and is somewhat abrasive. But from an outsider’s perspective, the players seem bought in and Georgia Tech was extremely competitive against nearly every opponent last year.”

First I have heard of this?
Yeah I heard that on a podcast from him the other day where he said the same thing at the beginning of the segment. From that point on I didn’t listen to what he had to say lol clearly doesn’t know what he’s talking about

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Can't find a way to comment or contact him directly. Would be nice to know his reason for writing that or podcasting it. I agree in the absence of context it's more likely an old reference to CPJ, but maybe there's something behind it.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Can't find a way to comment or contact him directly. Would be nice to know his reason for writing that or podcasting it. I agree in the absence of context it's more likely an old reference to CPJ, but maybe there's something behind it.
A lot of the radio shows or media events that Collins comes in as a guest to, a lot of times he's openly inviting the media to come watch practice and go through a tour. Him not trying to get along with the media would really be the opposite of his heavy prioritization of brand creation. Branding and marketing is a big deal for him and the program so those comments by that reporter seem really out of place.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
This quote jumped out at me from the latest AJC article:

“I think our defensive backs realize that it’s coming because of our defensive line,” safeties coach Nathan Burton said. “Our defensive line has progressed so much. (In practice), they’re making the quarterback uncomfortable in the pocket, and we have a good offensive line.”

Exactly what question was asked isn't in the article. But it's about the secondary and quoting Nate Burton. I find it very interesting (telling?) that his answer went to optimism for the D-line. That he, the safeties coach, is optimistic about the pass rush from the front 4 helping his group. Moreso, that he mentions off-hand and as if it's a known fact: "we have a good offensive line.” No one who watched the team the last two years would take that on faith. That makes me think he really believes it, based on what his group is going against in practice. At least, that it's much improved from prior year's practices.

What if Tech is above average in the ACC on both lines this season? With our secondary and RB talent, Sims at QB. If we can find a couple LBs and WRs to step up. All of a sudden, Tech might be a pretty decent team.
I know I'm looking through my gold glasses, but I can't help associating this team in my mind with the '69 Mets championship year. They'd never come close to a winning season before, but in spring training, I remember that Don Seaver, or Cleon Jones or somebody (can't remember which player) said he looked around and thought this looks like a pretty good team all of a sudden.

Not saying we're going to win any championship, but things can change very quickly. You get some pieces to plug into vital spots (key transfers), some maturing of players, some guys come back from injury, and add a little serendipity here and there and the team starts to come together and gel - and just maybe we could end up with a season to remember.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I know I'm looking through my gold glasses, but I can't help associating this team in my mind with the '69 Mets championship year. They'd never come close to a winning season before, but in spring training, I remember that Don Seaver, or Cleon Jones or somebody (can't remember which player) said he looked around and thought this looks like a pretty good team all of a sudden.

Not saying we're going to win any championship, but things can change very quickly. You get some pieces to plug into vital spots (key transfers), some maturing of players, some guys come back from injury, and add a little serendipity here and there and the team starts to come together and gel - and just maybe we could end up with a season to remember.
69 Mets not really a good team to bring up on a Board with a lot of Atlanta fans.