2021 NCAA Golf Championships

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Even if we don't get into match play, it will be interesting to watch. That must have been set up to be extremely difficult with so many double and triple bogies. In match play a big score is only loss of hole. With the Missouri transfer coming in and another year for our young players we should be even better next year.

Deleted member 2897

10:30am EST we play a tiebreaker against TCU. Then we play another round after that. Hopefully the tiebreaker is something like all 5 players play 1 hole.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Our website says our top player tees off on 18, 2nd best on 17, etc down to #5 teeing off on 14. All 5 scores count. Lowest total advances. I believe they should be teeing off shortly. Said 0730 and Scottsdale is 2 hrs behind us correct?

According to the linked article, TCu had three birdies on the last hole yesterday to force the tie with us. That is pretty amazing as they were 10 over for the day until then. Have to tip your hat to players (in any sport) who respond when it is crunch time. WTBS, let's go Jackets.

Deleted member 2897

Extreme outside chance of making top 8. We need a -4 type of round that a few teams get every day, and we need them to have a +15 like we did yesterday. Probably 2% chance. More likely, we’re just playing for position and to see if we can maybe crack to the top 12, who aren’t that far ahead. After that it’s a huge gap.

slugboy

Staff member
Extreme outside chance of making top 8. We need a -4 type of round that a few teams get every day, and we need them to have a +15 like we did yesterday. Probably 2% chance. More likely, we’re just playing for position and to see if we can maybe crack to the top 12, who aren’t that far ahead. After that it’s a huge gap.
Yeah, but we're all warmed up from the playoff (y)

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Even if we don't get into match play, it will be interesting to watch. That must have been set up to be extremely difficult with so many double and triple bogies. In match play a big score is only loss of hole. With the Missouri transfer coming in and another year for our young players we should be even better next year.
My guess is swirling winds may be the culprit to such bad scores. My other choice is poor game management for the conditions.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Its 7500 yards too. Women's NCAA was there last week. They usually set up about 6500 yards for women. Easy to end up in the sand waste areas and with firm fast greens long irons don't hold well. Wind makes it even tougher.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Its 7500 yards too. Women's NCAA was there last week. They usually set up about 6500 yards for women. Easy to end up in the sand waste areas and with firm fast greens long irons don't hold well. Wind makes it even tougher.
I have played the course (both courses) a number of times in the past. In my mind, it didn't seem like the bear it appears to be this week providing you can hit fairways. Although to be fair, I didn't play the back tees (white tees only for this guy even in my "glory days") and under a tournament setup either. Also, it plays to a par 72 for us weekend warriors. I always played it in late September and October and don't recall much if any wind.