2021 NCAA Golf Championships

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Our team kicks off our run at the NCAA Championship tomorrow May 28th @ Grayhawk Golf Club in Scottsdale, AZ

Here are our Tee Times for tomorrow(PST?) so starting 10 am EST. Its us vs the course Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Top 8 move on to Match play which will be broadcasted on Golf Channel (Schedule below)
1622122939919.png

1622123031801.png

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Extrapolating a bit here but it looks like the course is playing tough. If the afternoon groups play the same or worse than the morning groups we should be in fairly good shape after round 1.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
We need to step it up to make the team event. Digging a big hole to be able to make it.
Did I misread or misinterpret the link in rower's thread? Or is it not very current? From that link I concluded what i said in my above post given the later scores prove about the same as the early scores.

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
We need to step it up to make the team event. Digging a big hole to be able to make it.
Not sure about that. Lots of teams still on the course and most are losing strokes to par the longer they are out. Won’t have much of an idea until the round is over.

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
Not sure about that. Lots of teams still on the course and most are losing strokes to par the longer they are out. Won’t have much of an idea until the round is over.

This. We’re steadily moving on up as other teams get deeper into their rounds. Already up to T-20 and wouldn’t be surprised if we finish the day T-15 with 5 teams left on the course 3 or fewer strokes better than us.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
It's very early in day 2 but it looks like (thanks for the link @gtrower) the top teams that are on the course are off to good starts (under par). If this stands, Tech has a lot of work to do on moving day.

LibertyTurns

Banned
I’m just guessing here but they play 54 holes to get to 15 on Sunday, another round to get to 8 on Monday? Tuesday then would be 36 holes match play & Wednesday is 18 holes for the Champ?

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Well, we are just getting started but have gained tons of ground by not playing, meaning most teams have backed up. We don't have to go real low today thank goodness, just a score around par or 1or 2 under will leave us in pretty good shape (as things stand now). Of course, looking at the teams who are in the clubhouse today, that would indeed be a good score. This is not a birdie-fest type tournament from the looks of things.

Deleted member 2897

Currently alone in 8th, 2 strokes clear of 9th. But a lot of golf left to play - about 6 holes.

We’re EVEN on the day, while most teams behind us are +5 - +7. So we’re not safe until everyone is off the damn course! It’s tough out there today.

Deleted member 2897

Well, we got to 2-under and 7th place. Then, and this isn’t a typo, we had our typical crash at the very end. We played the final 4 holes +10. Not a typo. Total collapse at the end yet again. Dropped 6 spots down to 13th place.

Deleted member 2897

Likely need to shoot within 1-2 strokes of par as a team today to move up 6 strokes. Anything can happen on a course where only like 1 team is under par. We don’t have a single player under par, so not sure we can do it. What I’m hoping for is a +5 day or so but where other teams crack under pressure.

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Likely need to shoot within 1-2 strokes of par as a team today to move up 6 strokes. Anything can happen on a course where only like 1 team is under par. We don’t have a single player under par, so not sure we can do it. What I’m hoping for is a +5 day or so but where other teams crack under pressure.
Well, they are off (just barely). They are going off on the back which is the side they had their meltdown on yesterday. Don't know if that is good or bad for them. Something tells me that +5 is not going to move them on. I think they have to be at par or better for the day. Currently 1 under after just a few.

The link above in rower's post says the top 15 advance. Someone else said it was the top 8. Can anyone clarify?