2021 G1 NIU ATL Depth Chart

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
BFAEC549-1FA3-4197-B92F-BC0FEFBCF791.jpeg

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
Tatum leapfrogging all the freshmen linebackers from 2020 class!

Kenyatta Watson healthy is nice to see

No Avery Boyd is interesting, is he healthy? No Marquez Ezzard either?

I bet we see Azende Rey returning kickoffs and punts for us, I bet that’s his specialty and how he earned that scholarship here

Last edited:

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Nice to see depth. Nice to see talented true freshman that (praying for no injuries) don't have to play, but could.

I also note the the ATL chart is not final. Carrot and stick? Collins would do that.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Only surprises is no ezzard (was battling injury from last season), Rutherford only being 138 LBS, no miles brooks, no Akelo stone, no Boyd but he’s always dinged up. Also, players who aren’t on ATL chart also might play, happened in 2020 a lot.

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
I think the WR position is the most interesting. Lot of names left out. We have so many young guys there in general.

yeti92

Helluva Engineer
Gibbs changed numbers - I assume it will be either him or Juanyeh paired with Rey on kickoffs since they are both wearing the same #.

Feel good about every group except DT. Still really thin there.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Gibbs changed numbers - I assume it will be either him or Juanyeh paired with Rey on kickoffs since they are both wearing the same #.
One of them will just throw on a tear away jersey with no name and a random number.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
11 DBs ATL. Thats a full 2-deep plus 1. Curious to see how rotation is handled there as well. I'm not sure I like moving Swilling inside to play nickel but I'm sure the staff has a good reason for it.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I don't know team. I am pretty worried about the huge drop off in Weight at the Punter position. We need those BAWSE Boys, Booming Balls, Back Behind Bad Busters.

WreckinGT

Helluva Engineer
Only surprises is no ezzard (was battling injury from last season), Rutherford only being 138 LBS, no miles brooks, no Akelo stone, no Boyd but he’s always dinged up. Also, players who aren’t on ATL chart also might play, happened in 2020 a lot.
Maybe I missed something but is anything going on with Miles Brooks? He is one of the highest rated recruits on the team. Some kind of injury?

Lotta Booze

Ramblin' Wreck
Stood out to me that everyone that is ATL on the OL is 300+ lbs. (taken with the grain of salt that who knows how accurate it is).

Compared it to an ATL chart from 2019 and definitely a fairly significant difference.

In 2019 the OL on the ATL chart from the uga game averaged 6'-3.4" and 299.7 lbs.

In 2021 the OL on the ATL chart for this NIU game average 6'-4.8" and 313 lbs.

LFG. BpBuSp

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Maybe I missed something but is anything going on with Miles Brooks? He is one of the highest rated recruits on the team. Some kind of injury?
My only thoughts could be a little banged up and that’s a really deep group. Our secondary has some nice depth with older players/experienced players.