2021 Atlanta Braves

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Braves announced Friday that they’ve signed catcher Travis d’Arnaud to a new two-year contract that guarantees him $16MM. The Wasserman client will earn $8MM in 2022 and in 2023, and there’s an $8MM club option for the 2024 season that does not have a buyout.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
12 straight road wins is now a franchise record for the Braves.

On my aspirin bottle, I scratched out the maker and put Will Smith 9th inning usage take two.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The Phillies lost in a most Philadelphia way last night giving the Braves a 5-game lead. Nola was two outs away from a complete game win when he gave up a 2-run HR in the 9th. Then the Padres won in the 10th on a wild pitch. Crazy.

This was always going to be a favorable stretch in the schedule for the Braves. The Braves playing the Marlins and O's while the Phils were on west coast road trip was a tailor made advantage. This is the type of situation where good teams win and others stumble. The Braves are a good team.

Five games is not an impossible gap to close, but it's a nice feeling right now.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The lead off HR in the 9th certainly got everyone's attention, but he settled down.
It’s called rinse and repeat. He seems to groove pitches to the first batter or two, when he comes in. I’m all for throwing strikes, just not hanging over the middle of the plate. He’s given up 8 dingers this season. Bad news when you close.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Austin Riley is not only hitting .297, .264 for his career, he’s saved 7 defensive runs this season(which ranks 2nd for 3B in MLB). He has also made 16 non-conventional plays which ranks #8 for all of MLB players.

Tough stretch of games this week, which needs a split until the schedule gets easier again.

BBK

Jolly Good Fellow
I have two free tickets to today’s game (GT day). Comes with vouchers for the Braves/gt hat. Message me if you want them

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
3 game lead (4 in the loss column). 12 games to go. Right now, Dodgers and Giants would play each other in the first round. We'd play the Brewers. That's funny considering the Giants, as one of the wildcard teams have 17 more wins than we do. If the Cardinals falter, the Phillies could sneak into the Wildcard playoff and have a 1-game chance to knock off the Giants. That could be a 20-game difference.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Who misses Melancon as the closer now? Will Smith with the BS, and Melancon with save in a critical L for the Braves. Whoever decided to let Melancon walk should be fired !

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Pretty impressive to sweep PHI considering what was at stake.

Phillies folded like a cheap suit.

Based on what the Hawks did to the 76ers, then this, nobody in Pennsylvania wants to see an Atlanta sports team again.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
That’s the fourth straight division title for the Bravos.
Never saw this one coming after using 7 catchers, never having Soroka. Fried got off to a tough start. Acuna, Jr, went down and we were way down. Couldn’t get over .500 until almost 110 games had passed by. Ozuna broke a couple of fingers, went home and broke a few more on someone else. Grant Dayton went down, too. Alex spun his magic, and Atlanta found an OF. Will Smith gave out heart palpitations like skittles at Halloween.

21st Division Titles makes for the most in MLB history. Why do I think I’ve suffered through that many lean years? One game short of the W.S. last season, despite a 3-1 lead in the NLCS. Anything can happen. 8 days until they play in Milwaukee on the 8th.

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Pretty impressive to sweep PHI considering what was at stake.

Phillies Harper folded like a cheap suit.

Based on what the Hawks did to the 76ers, then this, nobody in Pennsylvania wants to see an Atlanta sports team again.

Sorry, but he's just so easy to hate. Loved his stat line coming into this critical series in the top 10 of the league in batting and #1 in OPS. Going 0-11 with 1 BB, 5 Ks, 0 HR and 0 RBI. He did manage to score 1 run that one time he got on base. I guess. So there's that.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
Never saw this one coming after using 7 catchers, never having Soroka. Fried got off to a tough start. Acuna, Jr, went down and we were way down. Couldn’t get over .500 until almost 110 games had passed by. Ozuna broke a couple of fingers, went home and broke a few more on someone else. Grant Dayton went down, too. Alex spun his magic, and Atlanta found an OF. Will Smith gave out heart palpitations like skittles at Halloween.

21st Division Titles makes for the most in MLB history. Why do I think I’ve suffered through that many lean years? One game short of the W.S. last season, despite a 3-1 lead in the NLCS. Anything can happen. 8 days until they play in Milwaukee on the 8th.
Hope no more ozuna!

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sorry, but he's just so easy to hate. Loved his stat line coming into this critical series in the top 10 of the league in batting and #1 in OPS. Going 0-11 with 1 BB, 5 Ks, 0 HR and 0 RBI. He did manage to score 1 run that one time he got on base. I guess. So there's that.

Also recall the Braves broadcast saying the series could be a showdown of potential MVP's in Riley and him.

Boy that de-escalated quickly.

I mean, really. The guy's super talented. To have a series like that, in the most critical series of the season, is embarrassing.

ETA: And yes this is me not making eye contact with @Buzzbomb on the 'Riley potential MVP season' thing.

1gjdAX7.gif

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
It’s the start of Joctober, with a shaker of Morton salt!

Pederson and Charlie and you already know how to spell MVP?
The life of R-I-L-E-Y.

Starting OF were not with Atlanta the first 4 months of the season.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer

Congrats to the Braves, as much as that hurts me to say as a Mets fan...

Mets had the lead for most of the first half and folded. No hitting, regressing defense, and a pitching staff that ultimately collapsed due to injury and overuse. Need to change the culture of the orginization.