2021 Atlanta Braves

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Congrats to the Braves, as much as that hurts me to say as a Mets fan...

Mets had the lead for most of the first half and folded. No hitting, regressing defense, and a pitching staff that ultimately collapsed due to injury and overuse. Need to change the culture of the orginization.

Expecting major roster changes? Things seemed to get toxic. Can't imagine 'just' a manager change is in order.

On a similar note, can somebody explain what TF happened to San Diego?

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Expecting major roster changes? Things seemed to get toxic. Can't imagine 'just' a manager change is in order.

On a similar note, can somebody explain what TF happened to San Diego?
For SD, it was too many injuries to their starting pitchers. They had to sign Jake Arietta and Vince Velazquez, who had both been released with over 6 ERAs, just to find someone to start.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
For SD, it was too many injuries to their starting pitchers. They had to sign Jake Arietta and Vince Velazquez, who had both been released with over 6 ERAs, just to find someone to start.

I just figured injuries wouldn't have derailed them and NYM to the extent that it did. Like, SD was almost what 20 games over .500 and took a precipitous drop.

What I'm getting at is I think there are deeper issues afoot.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I got the fuzzies protected @kg01, in case an HR flies NE to Duluth and comes through the idiot box screen.

Can you believe Mr. Joctober? Doc Pederson can only get 3 AB’s in 3 games. 2 HR’s, and a single, 4 RBI’s. He must have crashed into Snits vehicle.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Tyler Fantantzek, I trust. He can pitch in every game in this series.
Will “the thrill” Smith, pass the Tylenol and hide the gas can, matches.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Those Joc-key pearls look like they are gumball specials. Between the pearls, think I saw some tarnishing rust. He’s from PaloAlto, got married a few years ago. Do you think she’s wearing the real pearl necklace? Wait, don‘t answer that kg01, this is a family friendly site. Smile?