2021 Atlanta Braves

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
You can never have enough OFers. Don’t ask me about Ozuna? I have little knowledge of what will happen, other than to say, try to void that contract if it’s legally possible.
The situation happened in 2019 with Odubel Herrera in 2019. Phillies tried to void the contract but the MLBPA fought back and won. Phillies had to pay him so they took him back.

Similarly Ozuna will be on the team next season, probably as the DH.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
The situation happened in 2019 with Odubel Herrera in 2019. Phillies tried to void the contract but the MLBPA fought back and won. Phillies had to pay him so they took him back.

Similarly Ozuna will be on the team next season, probably as the DH.
I don't want him back at all!!!

gtphd

Jolly Good Fellow
I don't want him back at all!!!
Still have to pay him. His trade value will be low.

Also keep in mind that he’s not serving jail time and his record will be wiped clean with his aversion program. So the Braves really have no leg to stand on.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
If Houston wins, they are ahead 1-0 in the fourth inning, our game tomorrow would be at 8:08 instead of 5:08 pm? That’s what I heard.

Ian Anderson in 6 career postseason starts has a 1.35 ERA in 26.2 IP.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Houston wins it, 5-0. They win the ALCS, 4-2.
WS home field vs. Atl.; LA would have HFA over the Astros.

LA @Atl. tomorrow at 8:08 pm.

CINCYMETJACKET

Helluva Engineer
Let’s get it tonight, Braves fans(that includes Fred J. and CincyMet)!!
When the Dodgers are in the post-season, it always gets complicated for me. Me and most of my family are Mets fans because the Dodgers said FU to New York and moved to LA. Otherwise, I'd likely be a Brooklyn Dodgers fan today. My grandfather, who owned a business in Brooklyn, was a huge Brooklyn Dodgers fan and season ticket holder. My father, and his 3 brothers and sisters were all born and raised as Dodgers fans.

I've never been a big Dodgers fan, usually only using my historic familial affiliation with the organization as ammunition to needle other teams fans. Such as in 1981 when my 4th grade teacher was a Yankees fan, and I showed up to class wearing an LA Dodgers hat during the 1981 World Series. I never have had any concerns about trolling Yankees fans...

It got more complicated later on in life. After the Mets lost the 1988 NLCS to the Dodgers in 7, after winning 11 of 12 against them in the regular season, I was not a fan of the LA club. Many years after that, as the Mets were in serious decline as a competitive organization, I voiced my disdain for the Dodgers at a post-Thanksgiving family dinner at a NYC restaurant before seeing a Broadway show, which had become a yearly tradition. I believe my words were "I hate the Dodgers", and my dad's response was "If you hate the Dodgers, then you hate me." Well, that clearly got me thinking about words like "hate", and what they truly mean.

Fast forward to 2015, and the Mets - Dodgers NLCS. Chase Utley has a questionable slide that breaks Mets SS Reuben Tejada's leg. I'm screaming to the Heavens to my Grandfather and Dad, who were Brooklyn Dodger fans (my Dad being a Mets fan since I've been alive), asking how can you condone this??? This is unacceptable. F the Dodgers, if this is how they play ball. Well, the Mets won the series. Lost in the WS to the Royals.

So, it's complicated. May the best team win!

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I’m at Truist with the Tech game on my phone.
Can you reach Puke Jackson in the corner of the dugout on his Apple? Please ask him to tell Snit he needs to go into quarantine.

Matzek is the Man!

My plan was the Man for 2 innings and Will the Thrill for 3 outs before they get 3 runs.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Per the Elias Sports Bureau, 63 of the 106 teams (59%) that played the first two World Series games at home prior to 2020 went on to win the championship, and 17 of the 25 (68%) teams with World Series home-field advantage in the Wild Card Era (dating back to 1995) also raised the Commissioner's Trophy.

Houston has 4 of the 7, in Texas.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
When the Dodgers are in the post-season, it always gets complicated for me. Me and most of my family are Mets fans because the Dodgers said FU to New York and moved to LA. Otherwise, I'd likely be a Brooklyn Dodgers fan today. My grandfather, who owned a business in Brooklyn, was a huge Brooklyn Dodgers fan and season ticket holder. My father, and his 3 brothers and sisters were all born and raised as Dodgers fans.

Those Brooklyn Dodgers roots really go deep sometimes. Both of my parents were born and raised in Brooklyn with my mom's family specifically being from Flatbush. She was born just before the Dodgers moved and her father was huge Dodgers fan. He died before I was born but one of the stories my mom always told about him was that for YEARS he would drive by where Ebbet's Field was, and later where it used to be, and sigh while talking about how the Dodgers used to play there. Both of sides of my family became big Mets fans when they came on the scene. My dad's father always said he didn't care for the Dodgers anymore but he had a hard time actually rooting against them because of his youth. Definitely a cool piece of sports history to be touched by.

My parents weren't into sports as I was growing up so I ended up becoming the black sheep Yankee fan. And don't worry we don't have any concerns about Met fans trolling us either. :p