2021 Atlanta Braves

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
When he comes to bat he looks like a hockey goalie.

I think that entire episode would have been a mild blip if Snitker had not come out of the dugout yelling. He put the umps in a corner. Acuna did not look upset immediately after being hit.

Ok, Mr. Glavine. You made your point several times on the broadcast. ;)

You're not wrong but it's about time they made a 'deal' out of it. The whole 'Marlins hate Ron' thing has been going on way too long to still make any dayum sense.

And, even if they didn't mean to this time, doesn't matter. Chalk it up to delayed punishment from the times (with an "s" as in plural) they absolutely did mean to hit him and got off scot free.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Ok, Mr. Glavine. You made your point several times on the broadcast. ;)

You're not wrong but it's about time they made a 'deal' out of it. The whole 'Marlins hate Ron' thing has been going on way too long to still make any dayum sense.

And, even if they didn't mean to this time, doesn't matter. Chalk it up to delayed punishment from the times (with an "s" as in plural) they absolutely did mean to hit him and got off scot free.
I agree with you about Glavine. It hurt my head to hear that. But half a season suspension is pretty harsh.

GT_EE78

Banned
This is a great breakdown. Funny too.

i watched a bit but my audio isn't working today.
If MLB doesn't take strong action, Braves will have no choice but to retaliate.
It won't be Muller or maybe not this series,
but there's enough high velocity guys who could come up from the minors to play this game too.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Maybe another important factor is being overlooked because the Braves are 1 game under .500, although only 3 games back of the Division lead? Acuna, Jr. was the only run of the game. He took a bruise, Lopez gets the loss, and Mattingly “tossed” another game on his very good starting staff. Expecting the Lady G.M. to sell at the trading deadline.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer

Jomboy always does a good job with these. I’m a huge Braves fan and I agree the Mattingly is scum and I hate him for things that happened in the past with Acuña and that pitcher whose name wasn’t worth remembering. Trying to look at this from the middle area and I honestly don’t see why this guy was ejected. I understand Snit has to stand up for his guy but the way the umpires handled the whole thing was wrong. Now the MLB will come out and stand behind the umps and give the pitcher a 5 game suspension so he misses his next start too. Whole situation seems ‘off’.

Milwaukee

Banned
Jomboy always does a good job with these. I’m a huge Braves fan and I agree the Mattingly is scum and I hate him for things that happened in the past with Acuña and that pitcher whose name wasn’t worth remembering. Trying to look at this from the middle area and I honestly don’t see why this guy was ejected. I understand Snit has to stand up for his guy but the way the umpires handled the whole thing was wrong. Now the MLB will come out and stand behind the umps and give the pitcher a 5 game suspension so he misses his next start too. Whole situation seems ‘off’.
Yea unfortunately Lopez served time for Mattingly’s past crimes. I’m glad they did what they did though, if not then, then when. MLB should’ve done something about it when this thing started brewing 2-3yrs ago and they didn’t, and they knew they should have. So now Lopez gets penalized. And also, now the “history” is back again. Today’s game is gonna be FUN. I hope they throw at us and we throw at them and a goddamn brawl breaks out if I’m being honest. LFG.

GT_EE78

Banned

Was that Mel Stottlemyer in there too?
OMG, it sure looks like he doesn't skip the second sheetcake at breakfast ........
Snitker isn't going to back down.He's old school.
Wish i could watch it today but its BSSE.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I agree with you about Glavine. It hurt my head to hear that. But half a season suspension is pretty harsh.

Fortunately baseball is a game you can watch on mute and not miss much. Everybody knows guys want/need to pitch guys 'inside'. I don't need him lamenting and explaining and whining "See, see, see, that's what happens when a guy's scared to pitch inside." after Acuna walks this game.

slugboy

Staff member
Not that LM doesn't need to go, but aren't attendance numbers skewed based on Atlanta opening up sooner than most?
Maybe there’s something in that idea with Boston and NYC and maybe LA holding back, but I think St. Louis and Kansas City and Florida and Texas are wide open.

Here are the numbers from ESPN. Back in 2018, we were 12th, so even if we’re not #1, we’re performing and drawing better than our payroll and investment