2021 Atlanta Braves

kyle.smith828

Jolly Good Fellow
Going to have to wait and see on this one. Hopefully it's a similar injury as Giannis suffered in the NBA EC Finals against the Hawks. They thought it was worse than it was and turned out to be hyperextended knee.

But, given how 2021 has gone for the Braves, it's probably an ACL. Hope not...

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Initial report had a leg injury, possibly knee. The next diagnosis(in addition)was rib contusion(s) without cracking, just some bruising.
MLBTR has him at a potential season ending. Probably too early for that call.
Good that the All-Star break is coming up, in the least.

• Braves right-hander Mike Soroka recently underwent successful surgery to repair a torn Achilles for the second time since he last appeared in the Majors, per The Athletic’s David O’Brien (via Twitter). It was Soroka’s third surgery in total. Soroka figures to be out until at least July 2022, though an official timetable for his recovery has not yet been made public.

Last edited:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Braves are 4 games back of the Mets, but only 1/2 game from dropping down to third place.

Are you buying or selling in July?

I‘m selling. No way do I want Trevor Story for a few months. Cost is too high. Charlie Morton is 8-3. Drew Smyly is 7-3. They have good value in this market.
Can you believe that the starting day three OF’s are done for the season? Pache homered in AAA the other night, and could return. Acuna, Ozuna, not.
Waters strikeout rate is always high. Trade him or bring him up. Wright, Wilson, Mueller get the ball in my world. Davidson, Ynoa, when they return. D’Arnaud has value, even though his contract is up. He has been medically cleared. Get something for him. Let’s play Contreras, Ball, Harris, Jenista, et al.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Not suggesting that Ronnie move off the plate. His game is to barrel up on the outside part of the dish. Some of these pitchers can’t pinpoint the two-seam when trying to back him off the inside corner. That has worried me after Acuna, Jr. signed the huge contract to become the Braves future bell cow, best asset.
Atlanta needs more parts, because he’s going to get dinged up a whole lot more.