2021 Atlanta Braves

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Homering from both sides of the plate by a singular Brave has only been done 14 times in club history. Before today, 2018 was the last time(also by Albies).

Has anyone noticed the 6 no-hitters this season have come from pitchers that don’t throw hard or no longer do? If more guys would pound the strike zone away and come inside with control when needed, the two or four seem heater doesn’t have to be in the high 90’s. Just control it, show it by spotting it to keep the batter off the plate. Can be an out pitch. Hank Aaron once said, the harder they try to throw-we can time a jet coming through.

Heard a stat. that surprised me, by one of the Braves announcers. There have been 1500 K’s more than hits the first two months of this MLB year. It’s the swinging for the fences syndrome. Hit the ball where it’s pitched. Opens up the other half of the field and beat these extreme shifts. I had teams shade me a little bit, but never changed my swing to go the other way. Go with the pitch. Natural evolutionary process, for a higher average with less K’s.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Braves announced they’ve acquired reliever Yoan López from the Diamondbacks. Outfield prospect Deivi Estrada has been sent to Arizona in return. Atlanta optioned López to Triple-A Gwinnett. Before the Snakes DFA’d Lopez, he had a 6.57 ERA.

GT_EE78

Banned
As you may know. the Braves have not been over .500 yet this season.
Morton pitched 7 with no earned runs, 9 K's.Braves won 3-1.
Braves are now at .500 yet again.
per tradition, Ozuna dislocated middle and ring fingers and sent to ATL for evaluation.
Our team sure gets the middle finger a lot
.500 is where we are scheduled to lose 2 or 3 in a row.
maybe we can get over the hump?
It's Smyly tonight 7:10 p.m. BSSO Braves at Red Sox

GT_EE78

Banned
ugh
postponed due to a forecast of rain on Friday night.
The decision was made more than two hours before the first pitch with up to two inches of rain expected. No makeup date was announced.
The scheduled starters for Friday - the Mets' Taijuan Walker (3-1, 2.05 ERA) and the Braves' Ian Anderson (4-1, 2.82 ERA) - were pushed back to Saturday. Rain is in the forecast throughout the weekend.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The wife was arrested around a year ago for domestic violence, and now Ozuna is on the same charge. Not that his day in court is here yet, however it does look messy anytime retaliation takes hold. If MLB ends up giving him a suspension from this episode, could the Braves legally void the contract? Would you want to? https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-b...dy-springs-police/UNGRREUJENFB7G25UA6LAQHXMA/
Mets have had 16 players go on the IL. Atlanta trying to catch up.
I couldn’t believe Anderson hit Maybin who was 0-26. What was he fearing, the bail might run into the bat?

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
When teams have tried to void contracts in the past, they have relied on paragraph 7(b)1 of the uniform player's contract, which states that a contract can be voided if a player "shall fail, refuse, or neglect to conform his personal conduct to the standards of good citizenship and good sportsmanship or keep himself in ...

THWG

Helluva Engineer
The wife was arrested around a year ago for domestic violence, and now Ozuna is on the same charge. Not that his day in court is here yet, however it does look messy anytime retaliation takes hold. If MLB ends up giving him a suspension from this episode, could the Braves legally void the contract? Would you want to? https://www.ajc.com/news/breaking-b...dy-springs-police/UNGRREUJENFB7G25UA6LAQHXMA/
Mets have had 16 players go on the IL. Atlanta trying to catch up.
I couldn’t believe Anderson hit Maybin who was 0-26. What was he fearing, the bail might run into the bat?
If the charges are true, I don't want him on the Braves anymore. Cut him and try to get out of the contract. If you can't, the Braves just need to live with the salary loss.

In saying that, he does deserve his day in court. He's innocent until proven guilty, so I wouldn't do anything until he is convicted although I'm sure that MLB will suspend him for the time being.

GT_EE78

Banned
hopefully Max can avoid the sweep and slow this downhill slide.rain is possible
Fried v deGrom(3-2 0.80)
ESPN
Sun May 30
7:08PM
NEW YORK (AP) The game between the Atlanta Braves and New York Mets scheduled for Sunday night was postponed because of rain.
The teams will make it up as part of a single-admission doubleheader on July 26 beginning at 5:10 p.m. Both games will be scheduled for seven innings.

Milwaukee

Banned
The Ozuna situation breaks my heart. I just love him as player and mentor to the younger guys. They all seemed to gravitate towards him, which means he’s a great dude. He most likely made an enormous mistake he wished he could get back, but this is devastating to him at this point in his career. It’s over. All that being said he’s still innocent until proven guilty.