2021 Atlanta Braves

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Ironically, he's been hit on the bill of the helmet with the bases loaded before, and been hit in the jaw in another plate appearance... His face seems to be a magnet for baseballs...

And those were with prior teams, not the Mets...
Is that called the hat trick(three different teams)or face planting or both? Hope that’s not too insensitive.

When I saw it live, couldn’t finish even drinking my water. Horrific!
Had to say a prayer for Pillar. He had to be looking for a breaking ball.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The Braves have acquired catcher Kevan Smith from the Rays in exchange for cash, per a team announcement. Tampa Bay had designated him for assignment earlier in the week. In a corresponding move, Atlanta designated veteran backstop Jeff Mathis for assignment. .271 hitter in MLB since 2016, in a little over 700 AB’s.

In other moves, the Braves activated Grant Dayton from the 10-day injured list and optioned Tucker Davidson to Triple-A, per the Athletic’s David O’Brien (via Twitter).

THWG

Helluva Engineer
How many years in a row will this ****ing ownership waste this roster by not going and getting a dominant pen? It’s soooooo frustrating to feel so powerless as a fan.
We need a manager. What kind of moron decides to take out a guy who is on fire and has only thrown 79 pitches for a bullpen that is a dumpster fire outside of Chris Martin.

Milwaukee

Banned
We need a manager. What kind of moron decides to take out a guy who is on fire and has only thrown 79 pitches for a bullpen that is a dumpster fire outside of Chris Martin.
I liked the move with Panda batting, he was only gonna pitch one more inning. Backfired bigtime though. I’m not a fan of Snit either though.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Acuna, Ozuna, and Albies should move to 6-7-8 in the lineup. Freddie ain’t far behind them.
We’ve been trash all season.
IMHO, Freeman should have been hitting 3rd all along. Ozuna should be cleanup, particularly with the injury to Travis D’. Albies would have been my #2 in the lineup.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Good Morning. We’ve lost 8 of 10. That is all.
The SP in the last 15-16 games, have cut their ERA in half.
Bullpen has no plan. Gotta blame Snit. & Kranitz for much of that organization.
I will never trust that gas can Puke Jackson. Too many baserunners allowed. He will destroy you, when you start to trust him(like, right now). Never use him beyond mop-up or middle relief when the lead or deficits are huge.

To have to rely on Inciarte(last year of big salary, praise be)is an indictment on the injury situation and not trusting Waters who was 4 for 5 when I saw him the other night. Guessing he will become trade bait eventuall?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
The SP in the last 15-16 games, have cut their ERA in half.
Bullpen has no plan. Gotta blame Snit. & Kranitz for much of that organization.
I will never trust that gas can Puke Jackson. Too many baserunners allowed. He will destroy you, when you start to trust him(like, right now). Never use him beyond mop-up or middle relief when the lead or deficits are huge.

To have to rely on Inciarte(last year of big salary, praise be)is an indictment on the injury situation and not trusting Waters who was 4 for 5 when I saw him the other night. Guessing he will become trade bait eventuall?

Thanks for this. Was waiting for your rundown on why the Barves stink out loud.

GT_EE78

Banned
Holy **** 20 runs??? Missed the game just woke up and checked the box score. Wish we could’ve spread those runs out over the last 5 games to get some wins but oh well.
We've sure been missing Dunn/Markakis to platoon buying time while our CF's grow up.