2021 ACC Baseball

Deleted member 2897

Just noticed NC State has won 12 of their last 15. As we thought, that series continues to look better and better.

I went back and looked. NC State started 1-8 in ACC play (they played us, Louisville, and Miami first). They would have beat top Notre Dame on the road had Notre Dame not won in their last at-bat in game 1 this weekend. They play Virginia Tech at their place this coming weekend. If we go 2-1 against Florida State and NC State goes 2-1 against Virginia Tech, we're back in 1st place in the Coastal Division and likely 2nd place in the entire ACC.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Back in the Top 20 and actually played like it this weekend. Fri/Sun was lights out!
Good luck for Hurter to recover. We need him for sure back in the mix!!
The Bullpen HAD A DAY on Sunday!! Loving the stuff MGJr has!!
Loved seeing Maxwell dialed in! Dalton Smith did great too Sunday to start!
Love the less errors when we can and the bats were HOT Fri/Sun....

Not sure what happened Saturday. Didn't get to watch.

Deleted member 2897

Not sure what happened Saturday. Didn't get to watch.

I checked in online Saturday quite a few times. It kind of just is as obvious as the box score looks. We only had 4 hits and we only could eek out 3 walks = 7 base runners. Virginia Tech had 10 hits and 7 walks and 1 guy hit by a pitch = 18 base runners. Their pitchers had 11 strikeouts and ours only had 4.

Our base runners were scant and pretty evenly spread out. We only got 1 runner past 2nd base all day. (And that inning was bases empty with 2 outs, so we never really had a good chance at a rally that inning anyway.)

Virginia Tech got their base runners and hits in bunches when they needed it.

I wouldn't say we played bad. They maximized their chances and we minimized our chances.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Does Russ Chandler get as roudy at VT's student section. That was fun and had to be live and a nice change back to "new normal". I really with they'd open up more tickets at McNease. We have the capacity for it and GA is pretty much open, like is Texas and FL.... would love to see more energy in the stands at Home.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Some things said about us at D1 this week - really recommend a subscription and they have a special running (almost as shocking as my wife getting a sale at Talbots) https://d1baseball.com/subscribe/

Form chat, where Aaron is good at saying good things about all teams. He does rank us a bit higher than others usually.
1618920259097.png

And from The Dean's List (if only they had seen sausage being made!)
1618920325841.png

Deleted member 2897

Some things said about us at D1 this week - really recommend a subscription and they have a special running (almost as shocking as my wife getting a sale at Talbots) https://d1baseball.com/subscribe/

Form chat, where Aaron is good at saying good things about all teams. He does rank us a bit higher than others usually.
View attachment 10369

And from The Dean's List (if only they had seen sausage being made!)
View attachment 10370

If we can beat Georgia State and then go 2-1 against Florida State, I think most everyone will have us ranked again. I won't be butt hurt if they don't though - we've been in a pretty bad stretch of game results.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
If we can beat Georgia State and then go 2-1 against Florida State, I think most everyone will have us ranked again. I won't be butt hurt if they don't though - we've been in a pretty bad stretch of game results.

I'm worried about getting pitching depth and fielding improved so we can go deeper in the tournament. We can beat anyone in the country on any given day. Just need to be able to do it consistently which has been our problem.

As far as rankings, they only matter to me to the extent hosting is determined in about 2-3 weeks and seeding after that.

Plus just win tonight.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
ACC Action Weekend #9

FSU (13-11) at *Ga Tech (14-10): GO JACKETS!!! Win Win Win. With Pitt idle this weekend, a series win assures Ga Tech moves above them in standings.

*Va Tech (15-9) at NC State (9-12): Need NC State to show they are better than their record. They are. Need them to show it with a sweep here.

*Miami (13-10) at *UNC (12-12): No sweep either way. Ga Tech has both of these teams ahead in the schedule; so... opportunity to take care of own business relative to Miami and UNC still ahead.

*Duke (8-13) at *UVA (9-15): Nobody predicted these 2 would be fighting for 'not last' in division at this point in season.

ND (16-7) at BC (5-16): Lopsided matchup. Big East at its finest! :)

Wake (6-14) at Clemson (9-12): No Clemson sweep. Ga Tech should end up ahead in standings/seedings of both these teams.

Deleted member 2897

Conference standings entering Weekend #9
View attachment 10404

Pretty simple - go 2-1 this weekend and we are likely in 2nd place overall in the ACC. Either alone if VT gets swept...tied if they go 1-2 @ NC State, or at worse 3rd place if VT wins 2 or more games.

Pitt and Louisville will be stuck on 14 wins, so this is our chance to put space in between us and them.