2021 ACC and Competition News

finalbuzzer

Georgia Tech Fan
Wake scored 70 points with 17 minutes of possession time. Is that the most efficient use of 17 minutes in CFB history? I have no clue but I would be interested in the team(s) that did better. Of course the other side of the coin is that their defense gave up 56 and 43 minutes of possession. Weird game.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
When I noticed the 70-56 score, I asked myself if Wake could be playing Army in a Hoop exhibition? Especially seeing that #18 ranking(they usually don’t get much Football respect, even though Clausen has done well the last half decade).

The tigers w/ a lake is an underdog for the first time in the last 48 games. That should give us all some hope. CJ Spiller as RB Coach reminds me of our situation with Coach Choice.

Syracuse with a miracle finale in the last three minutes and a 4-4 record. Southwestern Va. State U. is going to come into the Atl. next Saturday with a chip on their tooth.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Wake scored 70 points with 17 minutes of possession time. Is that the most efficient use of 17 minutes in CFB history? I have no clue but I would be interested in the team(s) that did better. Of course the other side of the coin is that their defense gave up 56 and 43 minutes of possession. Weird game.
I just saw the box score and was about to post the same thing. They did have a pick 6, so it’s 63 pts by the offense or a little under 4 pts per minute. You’d have a hard time doing that on the hardcourt.

AUFC

Helluva Engineer
Our ACC title hopes are circling the drain right now with this Pitt drubbing of Clemson. I was hoping Pitt had 3 Coastal chaos losses sitting in those remaining 6 games but I don't see them going 2-3 after this.

684Bee

Helluva Engineer
Our ACC title hopes are circling the drain right now with this Pitt drubbing of Clemson. I was hoping Pitt had 3 Coastal chaos losses sitting in those remaining 6 games but I don't see them going 2-3 after this.
Ha! They went out the window when we lost to Pitt….again.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

We never had real hopes.

Picking for Pitt is really good. Clemson D is ok but Pickitt better.

I'd have benched the Clempy QB after the shuttle pass to the Pitt defender. No field sense. As is, enjoyable to see Clempy get outplayed

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
I just saw the box score and was about to post the same thing. They did have a pick 6, so it’s 63 pts by the offense or a little under 4 pts per minute. You’d have a hard time doing that on the hardcourt.
The pick six was a remarkable play by the Wake defender. Army went into FG setup and broke out into a tight formation with the QB in shotgun. Wake was confused and a TE position guy ran a delay from right to left and was wide open. The guy playing QB for Army was a tad late and inside with the throw. A Wake defender covering a guy 10-15 yards broke off his man and stepped in front of the receiver when it looked like a sure competition. He was off to the house. Great situational awareness and athletic ability on that play.

Game was very entertaining.

Jacket05

Ramblin' Wreck
Notice the last seven penalties against Pitt? The fix is in.
Actually it is just that they are finally calling the penaltys. Pitt flat out said "we are handsy on D so it just depends on how the refs decide to call it" so basically they are going to commit PI on every play as long as the refs let them. Their OL does the same thing with holding. We saw it all night on both side in our game.

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
How the mighty have fallen with Clemson . It's been quite a number of years since I remember this from Clemson

In fact I remember being at that 2014 game above