2021 ACC and Competition News

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
With Miami losing to FSU today, the 2 divisions are basically down to 1 game.

The winner of the NC ST @ Wake game tonight likely represents the Atlantic and the winner of UVA @ Pitt next week likely represents the Coastal.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
We are a mid major conference in football in everything but name.
But I remember when our boy @bwelbo and eventually @SnidelyWhiplash (who apparently got banned) was trying to convince everyone that the ACC was the 2nd best conference in the country, and sometimes the best. I’m kinda pissed a mod removed my F CGC post in the Fire Geoff Collins thread, but at least they got that clown and others like him (ahem @Coloradojacket) out of here

slugboy

Staff member
Oooof.

Frustrated Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

MountainBuzzMan

Helluva Engineer
But I remember when our boy @bwelbo and eventually @SnidelyWhiplash (who apparently got banned) was trying to convince everyone that the ACC was the 2nd best conference in the country, and sometimes the best. I’m kinda pissed a mod removed my F CGC post in the Fire Geoff Collins thread, but at least they got that clown and others like him (ahem @Coloradojacket) out of here
That was for politics not football. His posts were all over the place but at least he made people think. I wish he was still here for sports posts. Unlike a number of cool-aid drinkers who were not able to have rational conversations. "Join the CGC cult or get ridiculed" People are finally waking up and maybe even going to far at this point as we can't fire him either.

During the first 6 months of CGC's time here, I kept trying to have honest conversations about what I perceived as his glaring weakness, but I kept getting labeled a CPJ fan boy. Turns out all of my concerns were valid except for 1 and that one is TBD. I got so sick of the crap I got here and being called a UGA fan or when I accuratley called FSU a dumpster fire after we beat them that it was the posters on this forum who were unwilling to have an open and honest discussion that pushed me over the edge to stop getting season tickets and donating after 20 years. I always thought Tech fans were the better fans.

Its really sad you enjoy pushing fans away.

steebu

Ramblin' Wreck
With Miami losing to FSU today, the 2 divisions are basically down to 1 game.

The winner of the NC ST @ Wake game tonight likely represents the Atlantic and the winner of UVA @ Pitt next week likely represents the Coastal.

So much lolz.

2004: "Guys, with Miami joining the ACC, we'll have a #1 vs. #2 matchup for the ACC crown every year!"
2014: "Guys, with Clemson and FSU dominating the Atlantic, we'll at least have a #1 team going into the championship game!"
2021: "Holy crap guys ... aren't we #1 in anything? Women's volleyball? Men's golf? Hello?"

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
One could argue better for offense and our kicking game. Kick offs into the end zone this year. Actually can try field goals with some confidence. The defense has not improved this year and the next two games will only make their numbers worse.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
With GT Funding, Stansbury really can't touch Collins yet without a big directed contribution to accomplish that. I just don't see Collins replacing both coordinators. Offense is better than defense so likely not make that move. Since the DC is probably following Collins direction on defense, I am not sure who to blame on the defensive performance this year. I think one of the shorter term report card issues is how we fare with recruiting this year. I am very concerned with hanging on to our current recruits much less additional ones. I also will be very interested in seeing how many GT players hit the transfer portal as well. Can't be fun winning 3 games per year.

GTcanWINagain

Banned
With GT Funding, Stansbury really can't touch Collins yet without a big directed contribution to accomplish that. I just don't see Collins replacing both coordinators. Offense is better than defense so likely not make that move. Since the DC is probably following Collins direction on defense, I am not sure who to blame on the defensive performance this year. I think one of the shorter term report card issues is how we fare with recruiting this year. I am very concerned with hanging on to our current recruits much less additional ones. I also will be very interested in seeing how many GT players hit the transfer portal as well. Can't be fun winning 3 games per year.
The big problem with a “do nothing” strategy is that Football revenue will continue to decline and worsen the budget problem that Stansbury has to deal with…it is link a death spiral in business when you try to save your way to prosperity but what you really need is growth!