2021 ACC and Competition News

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Read that article and thanks for the link. I have said it before buy when a school churns through 3-5 coaches (or more) without any movemen forward there are deeper issues than just the HC. I'd be leery about a HC job at FSU or Miami or the like but there are several million reasons why guys line up to take those jobs.

slugboy

Staff member
I’m not sure what the second stat is supposed to be, but Miami isn’t running the ball well, and that used to be a thing for them. Virginia schools in the same boat

Speaking of FSU, is Norvell’s seat hot or not? He may be really hard to fire

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer

One of the "nicer" posts in the Canes Insight forum was this gem: "After due deliberation, I have decided to quit watching Miami play football or listen to Manny's excuses. Please respect my decision" Otherwise, it is like Manny has a target drawn on his back with everyone shooting darts at him. One guy pleaded: "Is there anyway we can coax either Al Golden or Randy Shannon to come back?"

slugboy

Staff member
FSU high on the list

Fall Flip GIF by AFV Epic Fails

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I was thinking about this, too. But, I don't know what the best fit would be for him. What do y'all think?
Great question. His bio suggests he’s an East Coast guy. His teams are well disciplined and he seems like a no BS type of guy. There are two schools in FL that could benefit from that style of play. USC is always looking for flash but I’d love to see what he could do with that type of talent as well.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Even with Wake being and even more solid team than we expected, I think tonight showed UVA’s defense is even worse than we thought. That could mean UNC isn’t quite as stellar as we thought. Could be good news for us for tomorrow!!

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Great question. His bio suggests he’s an East Coast guy. His teams are well disciplined and he seems like a no BS type of guy. There are two schools in FL that could benefit from that style of play. USC is always looking for flash but I’d love to see what he could do with that type of talent as well.
It really is a good question on a couple levels. I see him as a really strong value coach for a small budget program and a program builder. The big programs aren’t looking for program builders, like you said. I’m not even sure if he had all those resources at a big program, he’d even know what to do with them. A great coach though, all around.