2020 vs Clemson in MBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModernOption

Georgia Tech Fan
It's gonna look the same at MBS until Tech starts winning and selling tickets. I would rather be surrounded by a sea of orange on our home turf than a couple miles down the road.

Actually NO...it wont look the same...Whether its Georgia or Clemson, they always get tickets scattered all over BDS...the Tennessee game this year at MBS was perfect- GT on one side, Clemson the other...It was a great bowl like feel...Loved it. Right now I get so pissed off at how many opposing teams fans are scattered throughout the stadium just pisses me off

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
They have a relatively noisy train horn?
Sounds can always be recorded and played over the PA system. It may not be the live steam whistle, but they can make it sound like it’s there. If we’re doing a home game we should absolutely get that.

TechCubed

Helluva Engineer
Told by ? and when IIMA?

I don't want to reveal sources, but I can say with 100% certainty that Clemson in 2020 is NOT part of today's announcement. Reading this and other boards, there's a lot of inaccurate information/speculation so far. Not saying everyone will be happy, but the full details are different than what's online at the moment.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I ll just say again- - we are in debt to our eye balls and have very low revenue. Our academics limits are clear.

I am cutting tstan some slack and hoping for a return to relevance and finally stability.

What if we win !!!

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Didn' t like it yesterday don't like it today won't like it in 2020. MBS is not a home game. If you think it was bad with 15,000 Clemson fans at a home game wait it you have 35,000 at a so called home game. It was ok to play there when the Stadium opened up but there is no reason to go back unless you are in a bowl game or get a 13th game to make the difference of not playing at home. ( get we will,wear all blue for the game )

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Didn' t like it yesterday don't like it today won't like it in 2020. MBS is not a home game. If you think it was bad with 15,000 Clemson fans at a home game wait it you have 35,000 at a so called home game. It was ok to play there when the Stadium opened up but there is no reason to go back unless you are in a bowl game or get a 13th game to make the difference of not playing at home. ( get we will,wear all blue for the game )

I don’t mind playing there for a neutral site game in the opener. What I don’t want is to give up a game where the other team is obligated to play at Bobby Dodd, and we willingly allow them not to.

Actually NO...it wont look the same...Whether its Georgia or Clemson, they always get tickets scattered all over BDS...the Tennessee game this year at MBS was perfect- GT on one side, Clemson the other...It was a great bowl like feel...Loved it. Right now I get so pissed off at how many opposing teams fans are scattered throughout the stadium just pisses me off
I don't like that either, but when we start winning again on a consistent basis (WHEN, not IF), that won't be a problem. What putting each team's fans on opposite side does is denies season ticket holders the seats we pay big bucks for at BDS. I have been on the 50 yard line upper east for 52 years, and yet for that Tenn game, I was on the 5 yard line.

Several of you guys keep mentioning some kind of massive construction (or reconstruction) work that will be going on at or near BDS. Please explain what work that is; I sure haven't read about it anywhere else other than on here. And if there is something planned, then why would it only affect one game and not the entire season?

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Several of you guys keep mentioning some kind of massive construction (or reconstruction) work that will be going on at or near BDS. Please explain what work that is; I sure haven't read about it anywhere else other than on here. And if there is something planned, then why would it only affect one game and not the entire season?

No idea of any scheduled construction but I think it goes back to this.
https://www.news.gatech.edu/2018/06/07/athletics-kicks-initiative-improve-facilities

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
They are remodeling the edge center which is attached to BDS. I would imagine that construction is planned to be done by the start of the season but construction has delays, especially in Georgia, so having an extra week or two of buffer is probably a good idea.

brian22

Jolly Good Fellow
Good grief. You’d think this was a uniform or school colors thread with all the whining.

Collins and Stansbury continue to talk about tying in the football program with the city of Atlanta. What a great idea to have our team play at MBS as much as possible. Like Alabama and other programs who play in MBS annually, why not put ourselves there as well? What a great recruiting tool! What a cool thing to do.

I hate to tell y’all, but we haven’t played hardly a night home game in years. Bobby Dodd Stadium sucks for noon games. I’m excited to see Tech put itself back into the national spotlight by playing a game that people might watch in one of the most technologically advanced venues in the world.

As far as Clemson fans showing up and taking over, what the hell games have y’all been watching the last several years? Every Clemson/Tech game I’ve seen has been a sea of orange. This isn’t going to change that.

This MIGHT get more fans from the Atlanta to go to a Tech game. This MIGHT help with recruiting. This ENSURES a nationally televised night game on national TV. This also helps our cash strapped program.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Good grief. You’d think this was a uniform or school colors thread with all the whining.

Collins and Stansbury continue to talk about tying in the football program with the city of Atlanta. What a great idea to have our team play at MBS as much as possible. Like Alabama and other programs who play in MBS annually, why not put ourselves there as well? What a great recruiting tool! What a cool thing to do.

I hate to tell y’all, but we haven’t played hardly a night home game in years. Bobby Dodd Stadium sucks for noon games. I’m excited to see Tech put itself back into the national spotlight by playing a game that people might watch in one of the most technologically advanced venues in the world.

As far as Clemson fans showing up and taking over, what the hell games have y’all been watching the last several years? Every Clemson/Tech game I’ve seen has been a sea of orange. This isn’t going to change that.

This MIGHT get more fans from the Atlanta to go to a Tech game. This MIGHT help with recruiting. This ENSURES a nationally televised night game on national TV. This also helps our cash strapped program.

Because Bama isn’t giving away a home game? Let me know when Bama decides to move a game against LSU from Tuscaloosa to MBS. HUGE difference between playing a premier non conference opponent in a neutral site game and moving a home game when the opponent was contractually obligated to play at your home stadium.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer

Alabama isn't giving up a home game. Totally different

Status
Not open for further replies.