2020 vs Clemson in MBS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, another thing to consider. Maybe it starts like this but turns into something like the georgia Florida game but with us vs clemson. It’s close enough for clemson travel to be ok. That would be awesome and then we both lose a home game
Clemson would NEVER give up their bi-annual home field advantage. Hell, there are mutt fans who would give anything to have to quit going to Jax every year.

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
You know, if I were planning a massive upgrade to a stadium, I might do a test drive (or two) of a neighboring next level/NFL stadium to see what fans like/don't like and could potentially incorporate. Just saying.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
You know, if I were planning a massive upgrade to a stadium, I might do a test drive (or two) of a neighboring next level/NFL stadium to see what fans like/don't like and could potentially incorporate. Just saying.

I have been thinking this since Collins took over.

Boys and girls we may not recognize Bobby dodd in 5-10 years

Sarrick

Ramblin' Wreck
I hope MBS tries to include some of our traditions like the whistle for first downs or touchdowns. I guess that’s what I’ll miss about it being in BDS, the traditions

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
A massive upgrade might mean having to move to another site in Atlanta if what you mean by massive upgrade is a new stadium.
I probably shouldn't have said "massive" upgrade. But we know that Tstan is thinking about making improvements, and I would bet that he's going to be walking around MBS looking to see where people are congregated, what people like, etc. There may be some features that could be added to Bobby Dodd somehow. They've already tested some ideas, but this would be an opportunity to test other ideas without shelling out the dough just yet.

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
I have been thinking this since Collins took over.

Boys and girls we may not recognize Bobby dodd in 5-10 years

Play 2021 home schedule at mbs while bds gets extensive 18 month facelift. Read past articles. ADTS & HCGC have done multiple walk throughs of bds on game day improvement. So maybe a good thing. Only big game that year is mutts at home. Rather not have them in our stadium.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
Could this tie into Todd's 2020 initiative? This could be a big beneficiary towards renovations that make for a more pleasant fan/player/recruit experience.

Just hope we get ND in the Benz and not Clemson. They get enough mainstream exposure already.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Could this tie into Todd's 2020 initiative? This could be a big beneficiary towards renovations that make for a more pleasant fan/player/recruit experience.

Just hope we get ND in the Benz and not Clemson. They get enough mainstream exposure already.

If course it is tied. Todd needs some way to pay for his new, fancy office.

Joeb21

Jolly Good Fellow
We have become a fan base of defeatists. We just assume that we will suck and Clemson will be great going into 2020, and that Clemson will buy up all the tickets and its just gonna be the worst thing ever.
We have the nicest stadium in the world 1 mile from campus and we decide to take advantage of it for TWO GAMES while our regular stadium is under construction, and our default reaction is to b*tch about it?
Who is to say we don't win 10 games this year and sign the best recruiting class in our history??? Who is to say Clemson wont be on probation?? Why do we just assume that our fans wont buy tickets and theirs will?
A LOT can happen over the next year. Why cant we just appreciate what the new staff is trying to do? They are not idiots. TStan knows the importance of BDS@HGF. Unlike most of us, he actually played on it.

SteamWhistle

Helluva Engineer
Of course I would love to play at BDS, but if you can’t see what Stan is doing idk what to tell you. If we can sell more tickets to teams who’s fans travel well why shouldn’t we?

Status
Not open for further replies.