2020 vs Clemson in MBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I'm not a huge fan of it, but I like it. Especially since we have 7 home games in 2020 (now technically 6). I've also been looking for a reason to see the new stadium so this gives me one.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Have you been to any home games the past few years? Frankly, it's embarrassing, depressing and definitely not impressive to recruits.

This is a way to reinvigorate the fanbase and hopefully add more future season ticket holders. This will also help recruiting MUCH more than a game at BDS would. Sorry if that hurts some people's feelings but it's the truth at the moment. Hopefully in the future we can start filling up BDS again.
That's why we got Geoff Collins to rejuvinate the fanbase. Attendances will be alot better

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I'm just interested in the details. How is the profit being worked out between MBS and us since they would also be making money off this before they agreed.
Will my seats be comparable to my season tickets or will I got stuffed in some random corner because they still make money off my season tickets and can now sell my good seats for a double dip so to speak.

I like the idea of the MBS concessions because it's awesome. As an Atlanta United Season ticket holder, I love the stadium and the atmosphere. I would obviously prefer if we could have it so it was a marque neutral game vs losing a home game, but its 1.9 miles from GT and people who MARTA can still MARTA.

Also, as someone who went to the Tennessee game and Atlanta United games, the mess of trying to leave the stadium at the end has improved as time has gone on. For people who like keeping tabs on the scores of other games, the bar areas around the stadium give you visibility of the game on the field and games on TV while standing in the same spot.

JDjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Also, another thing to consider. Maybe it starts like this but turns into something like the georgia Florida game but with us vs clemson. It’s close enough for clemson travel to be ok. That would be awesome and then we both lose a home game

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
So in order to improve the experience at our home field we are moving the games against marquee opponents to a different venue? Makes sense.

This whole thing is absolutely absurd. Outside of stadium renovations that make it impossible to play at Bobby Dodd, there are zero reasons we should be playing home games anywhere but on campus.

I don’t care about the cash. If you’re best idea to increase revenue is by getting rid of home games, then you shouldn’t be the AD at Tech.

I’m waiting until the full announcement is made, but if we are moving multiple games for multiple years, then I no longer have confidence in Stansbury as AD.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Also, another thing to consider. Maybe it starts like this but turns into something like the georgia Florida game but with us vs clemson. It’s close enough for clemson travel to be ok. That would be awesome and then we both lose a home game

Lol Clemson would never give up a home game to go play in their opponents city. Simply not happening.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
What’s your point? Now it’s going to be even worse at MBS?

Or it could look like this. It’s all on US

8C89DE9A-CAD5-4DA1-B5E6-936E1AEB2C91.jpeg

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
One less game in the summer heat.

Taking Clemson fans for high prices tickets.

Stays a home game, so recruits are visiting us in what's viewed as an ATL crown jewel.

$5 beers for @RyanS12, if he makes it.

There are positives here. People just choose to gloss over them.
I’m making a point to come to this game! Spend Labor Day weekend back home! I might bring a few with me like I did the bowl game in Detroit.

Status
Not open for further replies.