2020 Offseason Thread

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
imo we will need outstanding QB play to have a winning season. We can't have so many 3 and outs and our QB has to make big plays when we need them.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
imo we will need outstanding QB play to have a winning season.

I believe what you are saying is that you don't see ST's, D, and the offense's surrounding cast improving enough that we can have a winning season without somebody balling out at the QB position.

I agree, though I also think it's chicken-and-egg. OL needs to pass protect and run block better, WR's need to get separation, win balls in the air, and minimize drops. RBs need to excel in pass pro and receiving, and make some plays in the running game to take pressure off.

To your point, when everybody else does their job, or at least a majority of them do, we need a QB who will consistently make the right reads and execute them via accurate passes and crisp ball handling in the run game. At times last year enough people would do their jobs well enough to have a successful play then the QB would throw high or whatever. To Graham's credit there were times he stayed in there and delivered a dime even though he knew he was going to get obliterated. But consistency is what builds scoring drives. For me outstanding QB play is about consistently making the plays that are there, AND creating enough on your own when there is no play there, AND getting rid of the ball/living to fight again when appropriate. Tough to do.

Given the transition and the schedule I don't think what you are saying is unreasonable. A guy who could carry us at QB would be sweet.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
Here Are The Bowl Game Affiliated With The ACC In 2020-2025

Belk Bowl
Camping World Bowl
Sun Bowl
Military Bowl
Pinstripe Bowl
Outback Bowl
Holiday Bowl
Gator Bowl
Fenway Bowl
Gasparilla Bowl
Birmingham Bowl
First Reponder Bowl

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
It sounds like the Fenway Bowl will be taking the place of the Quick Lane Bowl for the ACC
That pissed me off. Because it’s in Michigan obviously but damn. And outdoor bowl in winter?!? The only bad thing with the Quick Lane Bowl was the date. Great venue, a lot to do within walking distance of Ford Field and usually a Big 10 opponent.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
That pissed me off. Because it’s in Michigan obviously but damn. And outdoor bowl in winter?!? The only bad thing with the Quick Lane Bowl was the date. Great venue, a lot to do within walking distance of Ford Field and usually a Big 10 opponent.
The Big 10 opponent that was in the Quick Lane Bowl was a much more interesting match up than the AAC opponent in the Fenway Bowl will be.