2020 Offseason Thread

Vespidie

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we surprise some people. Big surge in 2020. Young team matures, transfers and freshmen impress. OL makes the biggest jump, from lower G-5 level to mid-ACC level. Cooper and Lee return. Clayton is a terror at DE. Gifted secondary learns to turn around and look for the ball. Overall size improves. Mason runs rampant. Ahmarean Brown makes like Bob Hayes. We win the Coastal.

I approve of this message. :beercheers:

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
I think we surprise some people. Big surge in 2020. Young team matures, transfers and freshmen impress. OL makes the biggest jump, from lower G-5 level to mid-ACC level. Cooper and Lee return. Clayton is a terror at DE. Gifted secondary learns to turn around and look for the ball. Overall size improves. Mason runs rampant. Ahmarean Brown makes like Bob Hayes. We win the Coastal.

This is my Christmas wish...

Especially, "Gifted secondary learns to turn around and look for the ball."

My other Christmas wish is for a place kicker.

TheFlyest

Ramblin' Wreck
The Coastal is up for grabs and I don’t think any team is in a better position than GT.

UVA losses their offense.
UNC is UNC until otherwise.
Vt I like a lot but Foster is gone.
Miami will remain a mess.
Pitt losses a ton on defense.
Duke still rebuilding.

Great year to surprise some people.

Clemson is the cream of the crop. FSU is a mess and will be a mess next season.

slugboy

Staff member
The Coastal is up for grabs and I don’t think any team is in a better position than GT.

UVA losses their offense.
UNC is UNC until otherwise.
Vt I like a lot but Foster is gone.
Miami will remain a mess.
Pitt losses a ton on defense.
Duke still rebuilding.

Great year to surprise some people.

Clemson is the cream of the crop. FSU is a mess and will be a mess next season.

I’m hoping we’re a good, solid, possibly bowl-eligible team. We have some potential at linebacker and edge rushing positions, especially if some players come back healthy. OL needs some work, but if those guys are on a mission {coachspeak} then they might be solid enough for us to be decent.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Riq and Juanyeh stack up pretty well against two of the top safeties in next year's draft
Screenshot_20191221-221756_Instagram.jpg

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Who do y'all think will win the ACC Coastal in 2020? Here are my predictions for the ACC in 2020

ACC Coastal

1) North Carolina 8-4 and 5-3 in the ACC

1) Virginia Tech 8-4 and 5-3 in the ACC

1) Pitt 8-4 and 5-3 in the ACC

4) Virginia 7-5 and 4-4 in the ACC

4) Georgia Tech 5-7 and 4-4 in the ACC

5) Miami 5-7 and 3-5 in the ACC

6) Duke 4-8 and 1-7 in the ACC

ACC Atlantic

1) Clemson 12-0 and 8-0 in the ACC

2) FSU 8-4 and 5-3 in the ACC

2) Louisville 7-5 and 5-3 in the ACC

2) Wake Forest 7-5 and 5-3 in the ACC

4) NCSU 7-5 and 3-5 in the ACC

5) Syracuse 6-6 and 2-6 in the ACC

6) Boston College 2-10 and 0-8 in the ACC

ACC Championship Game: Clemson crushes North Carolina
I think you've got the Coastal pretty spot on. I'm not sure Norvell is going to make FSU successful quite as quickly. Satterfield got a pretty good start at Louisville this year.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
I think Clemson will be the top dog, with the next best ACC team, 4 wins back. I think Miami will be the team to surprise folks, next year. I think UNC will win 8 games, but Miami will win 9. I think, we; GT, will win 4 games. It's a tough schedule and we still have a lack of talent and a terrible OC. I think P'nut will be let go at the end of next season, in order to save Collins from being fired, himself. Overall, watch out for Florida Gators. I think they will derail Ugag, from the SEC East, next year.
The biggest difference between us and UNC now is they actually have a P5 QB. Maybe a slightly better OL but not much. Their QB won some games for them last year.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
When it comes to house tops looks to me like ACC footprint is best of all the conferences, that seems to me to be very desirable.