2020 Fall Ball

GT Bravo

Jolly Good Fellow
In looking at the just released rosters for the white-gold World Series, there are 39 names listed. The previously released roster, with pictures, showed 46 names. Where are the guys that were on the 46 man roster and not in the world series. Off hand. I know one of the missing is Brody Westbrooks.
Also, no Jadyn Jackson and Malloy, the Vandy transfer, has his 42 from last year.

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Gold 3 White 2
Grissom took a no hitter into the fifth inning. Hall doubled and scored the game‘s first run. Geisler hit a two run home run for the gold team taking a 3 0 lead.
DeLeo had an RBI double driving in the first run and later scored the second run for the White Team on a throwing error.
Teams back at it tomorrow at 5pm....

THWG

Helluva Engineer
So the pitchers that I see missing are Crawford, Shirah, Roedig, and Westbrooks. Shirah is probably the only one out of these four in danger of losing a roster spot, so I would guess that the other three are dealing with an injury. I hope none of them are serious, but I really doubt that they are. Some injuries should be expected as they get back into it.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
So the pitchers that I see missing are Crawford, Shirah, Roedig, and Westbrooks. Shirah is probably the only one out of these four in danger of losing a roster spot, so I would guess that the other three are dealing with an injury. I hope none of them are serious, but I really doubt that they are. Some injuries should be expected as they get back into it.
Maybe just the starters from Game 1 but Crawford is listed below. Don't see Roedig and Shirah.

TEAM GOLDTEAM WHITE
SmithGonzalez
ParadaDeleo
HallWaddell
StricklandJenkins
Grissom, Jr.Holland
BensonWilhite
FinleyChapman
CoquillardTaylor
TurleyHurter
HuffCompton
ReidThomas
BartnickiAnderson
MarantMannelly
CrawfordBrown
BraceJohnson
GieslerMaxwell
MalloyArcher
KingWatson
GrenkoskiSiegel
Medich

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Gold 3 White 2
Grissom took a no hitter into the fifth inning. Hall doubled and scored the game‘s first run. Geisler hit a two run home run for the gold team taking a 3 0 lead.
DeLeo had an RBI double driving in the first run and later scored the second run for the White Team on a throwing error.
Teams back at it tomorrow at 5pm....
Thanks, I looked for something on Ramblin Wreck and there was nothing. So it was an unearned win (tic). Hopefully only one error in the game.

So hard to know where we are in scrimmages, but Grissom is the real deal.

Yellow ......

Jackets.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
All the reporters and AA people probably took a tour of Boston. Hence, no baseball reports. :mad:

Still nothing on Ramblin Wreck. Don't want to take away from the football team's glory.

Not even beesball.com or twitter. Total radio silence. (passe I know)

And I think White should win with Hurter starting. But it's baseball. Wish it were on ACCNX

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Still nothing on Ramblin Wreck. Don't want to take away from the football team's glory.

And I think White should win with Hurter starting. But it's baseball. Wish it were on ACCNX
Aaron Fitt has been making the rounds...following his Twitter. He was in Charlottesville this weekend. I would assume he will swing through Atlanta Wed,Thu, or Fri to see the Jackets. We'll see.

65Jacket

GT Athlete

The football team is doing an excellent job of destroying what glory is left of our football program

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
For the all of the folks wanting updates from last weekend‘s games here is the extremely abbreviated version...Gold won the series taking 2 of 3 games from the White team. Parada hit a Monster three run home run in the first inning to give the Gold Team the Lead. Collin Hall had multiple hits and was an on base machine. Bartnicki was sharp through four and Ben King pitched well in relief. Game three was a blowout win for the Navy 14-3. Waddell had multiple hits and was consistently on base throughout the game. Freshman John Anderson crushed a line drive two run home run to right field in the first inning and would later double driving in more runs. Hurter pitched himself in and out of jams during his five innings and was sharp at times. Justin Henry Malloy had a few hits for the gold team. For those mentioning players not being on rosters for this series, it is due to either Injury or illness. Take away from this weekend: the 2020 recruiting class is as good as billed and the 2021 class has really pushed the competition level for those seeking to make a contribution to this team. Combining this with the presence of the returning upper class mainstays and a loaded pitching roster, this team should immediately compete at the top of the ACC and has the makings of a highly ranked national level team.