2020 Fall Ball

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I had the link to this tweet copied and ready to create this thread but you beat me to it. Austin Wilhite is back and on the mound, the only senior to come back with the extra year of eligibility. Nick unfortunately didn’t enroll back in school. There’s going to be a lot of continuity from last year’s team, but to it’s still mostly new faces because almost all of my guys are gone :cry:. A lot of talent on this team though. Should a normal season happen in the spring a top 16 see should be the expectation. ACC champs and a top 8 are also well within reach.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I had the link to this tweet copied and ready to create this thread but you beat me to it. Austin Wilhite is back and on the mound, the only senior to come back with the extra year of eligibility. Nick unfortunately didn’t enroll back in school. There’s going to be a lot of continuity from last year’s team, but to it’s still mostly new faces because almost all of my guys are gone :cry:. A lot of talent on this team though. Should a normal season happen in the spring a top 16 see should be the expectation. ACC champs and a top 8 are also well within reach.

Great to see we are practicing.

We have a lot of talent and so do other teams with the reduced draft. I'll be happy just to see an entire season where we play to our potential. Lucy be damned.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Great to see we are practicing.

We have a lot of talent and so do other teams with the reduced draft. I'll be happy just to see an entire season where we play to our potential. Lucy be damned.
If there’s ever been a time for a Cinderella year it’s 2021. Best case scenario is Colin plays himself into a top round pick and CDH hangs the clipboard up after dogpiling (social distancing be damned) in Omaha. DH deserves at least the trip to Omaha like Mike Martin got last year.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
Hope they can stay on campus. I know the football team is in a bubble and has been since July.

250 cases in the 1st week. (they have to have had it before coming back)

THWG

Helluva Engineer
It'll be interesting to see how the competitions shake out this Fall. It seems like the battle at 3rd will be between the Vandy transfer and Jenkins. Then, at 2nd it looks like Anderson and Jackson are battling. I also wonder who will start at catcher between Parada and Holland and who ends up at DH. We will certainly have plenty of quality depth next year and I'm sure that we'll see a couple of players transfer out after the Fall semester. I really feel like we have a great shot at Omaha because of all of the depth. I'm so excited for baseball already and football hasn't even started. Does anybody with inside info know how the competitions are shaping up right now?

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
It'll be interesting to see how the competitions shake out this Fall. It seems like the battle at 3rd will be between the Vandy transfer and Jenkins. Then, at 2nd it looks like Anderson and Jackson are battling. I also wonder who will start at catcher between Parada and Holland and who ends up at DH. We will certainly have plenty of quality depth next year and I'm sure that we'll see a couple of players transfer out after the Fall semester. I really feel like we have a great shot at Omaha because of all of the depth. I'm so excited for baseball already and football hasn't even started. Does anybody with inside info know how the competitions are shaping up right now?
Is the transfer from Vandy eligible to play in the spring?