2020 Fall Ball

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
2020-2021 Roster

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Just checked Perfect Game and they still have us at #16. No apparent update for the draft. We should move up to ~9-12 if/when they do. https://www.perfectgame.org/Rankings/Recruiting/Rankings.aspx

Regardless, we have a lot of talent coming in.
Not sure why they haven’t created a final ranking. Just a cursory look and I can see teams like UCLA Texas Arkansas and Florida all got hit pretty hard by the draft. Suffices to say this is a top ten recruiting class. It has created competition for starting positions and has really added significant roster depth.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
They just updated the travel team rankings and haven't touched the class rankings in some time.
They'll get to the 20s, but agree, they should have done them already as there were no more 18U events after early August and given they're all in school now.....
Just did the 23s and finished their All American Classic and the Underclass All American last weekend as well.

21s won't get updated until after this weekend with a few weeks lag due to All American Classic (AAC) where Harry Ford is and continues to be ON FIRE!! He's having a helluva summer!
Talking to his Dad this summer, GT is and always has been his dream school. Christian and the guys really like him and we'd all absolutely love to see him make it to campus, but there are so many "Draft Crushes" on him, and he is DESTROYING the ball and showing Super High Catcher IQ, as they talked about yesterday during the AAC. Talk is he'll go quite early and if so, unfortunately for us, but great for him, I would think he'd go. He is a freaking BEAST and he's fast as hell. Ran a 6.4 60 at Nationals in June.

You can watch live on www.perfectgame.tv

The only way we go up, is if they remove the draftees and/or our guys get bumped in rankings.
MG would have to break 50 (for 3 pts) and Brad would have to break 100 (for 2 pts) and Nate would have to break 150, John and Xander 300, etc to grab points here and there.
1599315442401.png
1599315477572.png

Last edited:

FittedJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
They just updated the travel team rankings and haven't touched the class rankings in some time.
They'll get to the 20s, but agree, they should have done them already as there were no more 18U events after early August and given they're all in school now.....
Just did the 23s and finished their All American Classic and the Underclass All American last weekend as well.

21s won't get updated until after this weekend with a few weeks lag due to All American Classic (AAC) where Harry Ford is and continues to be ON FIRE!! He's having a helluva summer!
Talking to his Dad this summer, GT is and always has been his dream school. Christian and the guys really like him and we'd all absolutely love to see him make it to campus, but there are so many "Draft Crushes" on him, and he is DESTROYING the ball and showing Super High Catcher IQ, as they talked about yesterday during the AAC. Talk is he'll go quite early and if so, unfortunately for us, but great for him, I would think he'd go. He is a freaking BEAST and he's fast as hell. Ran a 6.4 60 at Nationals in June.

You can watch live on www.perfectgame.tv

The only way we go up, is if they remove the draftees and/or our guys get bumped in rankings.
MG would have to break 50 (for 3 pts) and Brad would have to break 100 (for 2 pts) and Nate would have to break 150, John and Xander 300, etc to grab points here and there.
View attachment 8908View attachment 8909
Last years final rankings indicated that teams did not receive points for players that actually signed MLB contracts post draft. If that’s the case, I believe we move up. Just listened to the BA podcast on the top 25 recruiting classes this year. They are particularly excited about Georgia Tech.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
D1 Baseball putting out their Top 100 rankings in backwards order today....2019, Sorry... Re-release...

100-91

90-81

80-71

70-61

60-51

50-41

40-31

30-21

20-11
yet to be posted....

10-1
yet to be posted...

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Anybody know a Fall Ball schedule... specifically, is there a team scrimmage? I assume nobody is competing with other teams this fall.
I’ve been almost completely out of the loop this time around. There won’t be any outside competition this fall, and it’s not quite time for the white/gold series. That usually happens closer to the end of October/early November. Other than that I’ve got no news, and no idea when I might be able to pick up some news.