2020 Atlanta Braves News

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I have zero problem with what Snit did last night, he probably should have used Jacob Webb instead but hindsight is 20/20

Milwaukee

Banned
I had more of a problem with him getting Melancon up and warmed up, what 3 times? I realize circumstances change on the fly but you can’t do that to a pitcher. I also think he pulled Ian an inning too early.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I think the rest of the games are gonna be slugfests. Pitching depth is being tested by the no off day thing (which I love, btw.). This ends by sensible retorts. Now onto the good stuff ...

- I find it funny the eggsperts saying stuff like, "Wuh-oh, the Dodgers scored 7 straight runs ... they bak!" Uh, they scored 7 unanswered runs ... and still lost. Get a grip.
- Another curious one I heard from some rando egg is how ".. Dodgers just have the heart of a champion." Bro, they ain't got no rangs (yes, 'rangs'). Mookie won one clear on the other side of the country.

Collectively, this group has to be feeling that late 90's Braves heat of 'why ya'll keep getting beat if'n y'all are the best team in baseball?' As likely as it is that they'll pull it all together to win 4 of the next 5, they could also go into the tank under the weight of expectation(s).

Braves are playing with house money, homes. Won the two they absolutely had to get, since they really only have 2 solid starters. Now they just need to cobble together 2 wins in the next 5. It's gonna be ugly. Probably disjointed and certainly not a guarantee ... but I like their chances.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Eh, I'm not concerned, but this was another reason I wanted Melancon or Smith to come in immediately last night. Stop them there and don't let them get any momentum or feel good about the next game.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Eh, I'm not concerned, but this was another reason I wanted Melancon or Smith to come in immediately last night. Stop them there and don't let them get any momentum or feel good about the next game.

Momentum is only as good as the next day's starting pitcher. Today, the Braves' stunk.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
Give Smoltz, who hates the Braves, a chance to go on and on about how great the Dodgers are. Him and the other have declared the Dodgers as NL Champs already.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Bryce Wilson starting game 4. Whew, life comes atcha fast. Was Faulty not available?

Just hoping it doesn't look like a replay.

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Won the last six innings last night. Means we have momentum coming into tonight.

Last time we gave up 10 runs in the first inning of a playoff game, we won the next seven playoff games.

Am I doing this right?

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
I know about all that, but keep the Dodgers down while you can.
We have to win the starts by Fried and Anderson - They did
and you have to win the game where you are up 7-0 at all costs
. - They did
Also, Melancon, Smith, and Martin can all pitch three days in a row
so use who you have to and make sure you win that game. - They did

The only real issue was Tomlin instead of Smith/Melancon? Martin pitched the 8th with a 4 run lead. The when Ozzie hit his HR, he decided to rest Melancon with a 5 run lead. Tomlin was 1 out away from us not even having this conversation.

Feel free to ignore me. This is just my way of pretending last night didn't happen.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
The only real issue was Tomlin instead of Smith/Melancon? Martin pitched the 8th with a 4 run lead. The when Ozzie hit his HR, he decided to rest Melancon with a 5 run lead. Tomlin was 1 out away from us not even having this conversation.

Feel free to ignore me. This is just my way of pretending last night didn't happen.
That inning woke the Dodgers up, unfortunately. Bring Melancon in to start that inning and beat them 8-3 to crush their spirit. We're still up 2-1 though which is the only thing that matters.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
That inning woke the Dodgers up, unfortunately. Bring Melancon in to start that inning and beat them 8-3 to crush their spirit. We're still up 2-1 though which is the only thing that matters.
Nah. Braves' shallow starting rotation woke them up.

If Fried pitched game 3, this wouldn't have happened and everybody would be wondering if the dodgers could find a way to not get swept.