2020 Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I think it was Eduardo Perez who thought Camargo would be the versatile sub., as he stated yesterday when the subject of 3rd base came up on the ESPN broadcast. He has Austin Riley winning the starting position. Knowing the way most of you feel, try not to panic, because it’s only one opinion and he’s not around the team every day. Personally, I’d like the best 26 on the roster-although having an option, I can see Camargo starting out in Gwinnett, should A.R. win the job(who also has an option).

Early in camp, Riley was working out at 1B. He stated the OF is fine with him too!

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer
I think it was Eduardo Perez who thought Camargo would be the versatile sub., as he stated yesterday when the subject of 3rd base came up on the ESPN broadcast. He has Austin Riley winning the starting position. Knowing the way most of you feel, try not to panic, because it’s only one opinion and he’s not around the team every day. Personally, I’d like the best 26 on the roster-although having an option, I can see Camargo starting out in Gwinnett, should A.R. win the job(who also has an option).

Early in camp, Riley was working out at 1B. He stated the OF is fine with him too!
Austin Riley is playing well but the Braves need Camargo for depth. I don't think he stays long in Gwinnett if he's sent down.

YellowJacketFan2018

Helluva Engineer

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Very interesting article(y) I hope Austin Riley has finally started to turn the corner:cigar:
His strikeouts are way down, same average as Camargo(who was my favorite Brave until last season, replaced by Riley)and Chipper thinks Austin can keep the errors at 15-20 per season. Not going after those sliders out of the zone and weight distribution with his swing, have helped. Working out with Albert Pujols and having Mike Brumley and his tutorial sessions, are good habits to keep him straight.