2020 Adidas Swag Thread

GT flunkout

Jolly Good Fellow
They’re not done releasing stuff for this year. Also, There’s plenty of white and gold on GT bookstore site from last year’s collection.

Lol. 12 of 91 Adidas products on the bookstore website are gold. I probably have half of them.

Adidas with cooperation from our AA have chosen a way to brand and market us in a way I think is ****. So I'll continue to ***** about Adidas and y'all will continue to respond with "stop complaining just be glad we get what we get." It's all good. Agree to disagree. It's just, like, my opinion.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I meant why would one want Nike? I don’t think it would be substantially different from adidas in terms of quantity or colors or quality—sizing I’m not sure about. The fact is we fit adidas’ footprint and mission much better. We would have been the 80th CFB priority for Nike, at adidas we are among their top ten in priority for CFB I would say, because of conference and market/geography. And you have to keep things in perspective—this is SO much better than being with Russell it’s hard to even compare, like going from the dark ages to suddenly arriving in the 21st century.
Exactly this. I love the apparel that they have given us too. People complain about not having any gold, but there are plenty of options and I have more gold adidas apparel than any other brand. The only thing that I wish they would make is a gold fleece sweatshirt. It could be a crew or hoodie, I don't really care about that, but I do want a fleece sweatshirt.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I meant why would one want Nike? I don’t think it would be substantially different from adidas in terms of quantity or colors or quality—sizing I’m not sure about. The fact is we fit adidas’ footprint and mission much better. We would have been the 80th CFB priority for Nike, at adidas we are among their top ten in priority for CFB I would say, because of conference and market/geography. And you have to keep things in perspective—this is SO much better than being with Russell it’s hard to even compare, like going from the dark ages to suddenly arriving in the 21st century.
I agree. But Nikes sizing, fit, and quality is far superior. Adidas really only has shoes for me. Clothing is rather bleh.
Nike clothes always seemed to be more quality. Material feels better, fits better. More for everyday use rather than majority "performance" wear. They know their market, middle aged guys with a beer gut who still want to wear a Nike symbol on their clothes while supporting their team. (Me).

Even with adidas we are lower than Washington, and Louisville... that's a joke to me. If we are going to be lower than them in priority, I'd rather just be with Nike. At least its quality. We won't ever have the "clout" of a bama, clemson, uga, ohio state, michigan. Adidas has been a serious upgrade over Russell but so would most brands. Look at the deal UCLA got with UA. UCLA got over 200+ million to sign with UA.

We are getting 200k a year.................. 200k.
Did we get ripped off again??? Utah got a better deal than us from UA. UTAH!

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Lol. 12 of 91 Adidas products on the bookstore website are gold. I probably have half of them.

Adidas with cooperation from our AA have chosen a way to brand and market us in a way I think is ****. So I'll continue to ***** about Adidas and y'all will continue to respond with "stop complaining just be glad we get what we get." It's all good. Agree to disagree. It's just, like, my opinion.
Yeah no hard feelings at all, just happen to disagree. I’m sure you can agree it’s better than Russell (I hope!).

wrmathis

Ramblin' Wreck
I agree. But Nikes sizing, fit, and quality is far superior. Adidas really only has shoes for me. Clothing is rather bleh.
Nike clothes always seemed to be more quality. Material feels better, fits better. More for everyday use rather than majority "performance" wear. They know their market, middle aged guys with a beer gut who still want to wear a Nike symbol on their clothes while supporting their team. (Me).

Even with adidas we are lower than Washington, and Louisville... that's a joke to me. If we are going to be lower than them in priority, I'd rather just be with Nike. At least its quality. We won't ever have the "clout" of a bama, clemson, uga, ohio state, michigan. Adidas has been a serious upgrade over Russell but so would most brands. Look at the deal UCLA got with UA. UCLA got over 200+ million to sign with UA.

We are getting 200k a year.................. 200k.
Did we get ripped off again??? Utah got a better deal than us from UA. UTAH!

well, UA is going bankrupt so thats on them.

also, washington is a bigger schools with more people and probably have had more recent success than Tech, so its really not far fetched on them being a higher priority than Tech.

Louisville is probably just a toss up at this point.

Now dont get me wrong, i want Tech to have more priority over everyone but I'm also not delusional either.

I wouldnt mind Nike just because of fit. but I am over Nike footwear. I have not been able to get a comfortable running shoe with them in years. Brooks has been the best ive had in the last 5 years

GoJacketsInRaleigh

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't really care what company we go with but as smart as Geoff Collins is at marketing the program, he along with Adidas and GT athletics are missing a huge opportunity to sell stuff. Sell all the stupid t-shirts we see online with all the slogans and crap and we would all be buying 3-4 each I bet. Sell some in white, some in gold, and some in navy.

Jacketman

Jolly Good Fellow
What I can't get over with Adidas is this: it seemed like they were very interested in pushing our Gold, making our Gold synonymous with us. Now, they treat Gold as a tertiary color, when it really should be primary. I like navy, but it is a secondary color to a combo of white/gold IMO.

OlaJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Yeah, I don't mind Adidas at all. In fact, I love their shoes and always have. But they have got to produce more gold for the fans. I have emailed them regarding this several times. When you can't even find ONE gold Tech hat there is something wrong (and I'm not talking about that stupid gold slouch hat, I bought it and it is horrible!) I know Tech shares a big part of the blame in this too.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I don't really care what company we go with but as smart as Geoff Collins is at marketing the program, he along with Adidas and GT athletics are missing a huge opportunity to sell stuff. Sell all the stupid t-shirts we see online with all the slogans and crap and we would all be buying 3-4 each I bet. Sell some in white, some in gold, and some in navy.
There’s not a large enough market for those items to justify producing enough of them to sell, and every team/school has special gear that only they have that separates them from fans. Plus, given the fact that almost all of that gear is produced at local shops, I don’t even think it would be possible to produce enough of them to sell. They simply take Adidas blanks and have the designs heat pressed onto them.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
The main part of the Adidas deal was more apparel for the athletes than the fans. That was a huge issue with Russell. Never enough quality stuff for the SA’s. Nike only wanted to outfit a few sports. Adidas covered all. I’m kinda in a wait and see with Adidas and fan apparel. We’re a small fan base, in only year 3 with them. I can say I’m pretty happy with the amount of stuff I’ve purchased the last few years since the change but I’m willing to bet Adidas wants to see an uptick in fans and demand before increasing the amount of stuff they put out to sell. I think Collins and the “rebranding” will help too. Especially if it turns into 9-10 win seasons.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
well, UA is going bankrupt so thats on them.

also, washington is a bigger schools with more people and probably have had more recent success than Tech, so its really not far fetched on them being a higher priority than Tech.

Louisville is probably just a toss up at this point.

Now dont get me wrong, i want Tech to have more priority over everyone but I'm also not delusional either.

I wouldnt mind Nike just because of fit. but I am over Nike footwear. I have not been able to get a comfortable running shoe with them in years. Brooks has been the best ive had in the last 5 years
That's the thing, this isn't for footwear this is for clothing. I'm a firm believer we should easily be ahead of teams like louisville, and nc state in priority.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Adidas owns Reebok now. Lol
Like Nike with converse.
I can see Puma or New Balance trying to get into the game soon tho.
I think New Balance has some serious growth potential. They have some really nice shoes that compete in fashion/style with nike and adidas

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
That's the thing, this isn't for footwear this is for clothing. I'm a firm believer we should easily be ahead of teams like louisville, and nc state in priority.
Not sure exactly how you're measuring priority, but for what it's worth I have not noticed NC State being prioritized ahead of us in any way. Louisvillle and UW yes it would seem they get some more attention, but they bth have larger fanbases, and UW has had a good bit of recent success in football. We'll get there. Also, it's not like we're the redheaded step child--for example, look on Fanatics for which team currently has the most Fall '20 adidas gear thus far--good ol' GT.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Not sure exactly how you're measuring priority, but for what it's worth I have not noticed NC State being prioritized ahead of us in any way. Louisvillle and UW yes it would seem they get some more attention, but they bth have larger fanbases, and UW has had a good bit of recent success in football. We'll get there. Also, it's not like we're the redheaded step child--for example, look on Fanatics for which team currently has the most Fall '20 adidas gear thus far--good ol' GT.
I just want the specialty stuff. Only GT will get.

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
I just want the specialty stuff. Only GT will get.
Like what? I don’t think there’s any apparel company that provides very much “specialty” stuff to any school. It’s pretty much all template based, and the schools with larger fanbases get more stuff.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
1595196034016.jpeg

Tried the 2020 Aeroready Creator T-shirt and gosh darn it Adidas fixed their sizing issue!!!!

It’s TTS and fits like the typical Dri-fit T-shirt

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Like what? I don’t think there’s any apparel company that provides very much “specialty” stuff to any school. It’s pretty much all template based, and the schools with larger fanbases get more stuff.
Well I guess I want more stuff. We need to work on the fanbase because I want more gear.
I want 365 different choices from adidas for each day of the year :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:.

But for real I guess I just expected us to get the uga, texas, michigan, ohio state treatment when switching to Adidas.

Like we were some amazing untapped revenue source that was tied to a sinking ship of Russell.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Well I guess I want more stuff. We need to work on the fanbase because I want more gear.
I want 365 different choices from adidas for each day of the year :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:.

But for real I guess I just expected us to get the uga, texas, michigan, ohio state treatment when switching to Adidas.

Like we were some amazing untapped revenue source that was tied to a sinking ship of Russell.
I mean, maybe you’re forgetting what it was like with Russell? This is so much better that there’s really zero comparison.