2020 Adidas Swag Thread

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
I heard we had to re do the gold uniforms and the grey child hood cancer ones because they weren’t on the correct uniform templete and Collins wanted to re do them
Heard that about the gold ones. They said the grey ones are still in China. Hopefully next year when we get the gold ones CGC can forget about the blue pants and coach some defense

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
May be something, may be nothing but Washington and Miami appear to be wearing black unis this weekend. So maybe, just maybe.....
BLACK WATCH UNIS!!!
Miami, Washington, and Mississippi State all unveiled black uniforms today, and Louisville and Arizona State got throwbacks. That leaves Tech, Texas A&M, Indiana, Rutgers, NCSU, Nebraska, and Kansas as adidas schools that haven’t unveiled an alternate uni this week. Given all the rumors going back to last year about wearing black against ND, I’d be shocked if Tech doesn’t wear black this weekend. FWIW, Washington and Miami also unveiled black helmets to go with their uniforms (Miss State just teased a jersey not a full uniform), and there was also a rumor Tech would wear black helmets against ND.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
Miami, Washington, and Mississippi State all unveiled black uniforms today, and Louisville and Arizona State got throwbacks. That leaves Tech, Texas A&M, Indiana, Rutgers, NCSU, Nebraska, and Kansas as adidas schools that haven’t unveiled an alternate uni this week. Given all the rumors going back to last year about wearing black against ND, I’d be shocked if Tech doesn’t wear black this weekend. FWIW, Washington and Miami also unveiled black helmets to go with their uniforms (Miss State just teased a jersey not a full uniform), and there was also a rumor Tech would wear black helmets against ND.
As I said earlier in the thread, wouldn't be surprised if the jerseys did not get made in time, as happened with the gray ones. For example, the black jerseys unveiled last night are already for sale on adidas.com-I would think that if we were doing the same thing this week, we would have been included in the unveilings last night.

BuzzThePlumber

Helluva Engineer
As I said earlier in the thread, wouldn't be surprised if the jerseys did not get made in time, as happened with the gray ones. For example, the black jerseys unveiled last night are already for sale on adidas.com-I would think that if we were doing the same thing this week, we would have been included in the unveilings last night.
Alright, I take it back--looks like Fanatics let the cat out of the bag!
NEW Black jersey available on Fanatics sites.
1603717218288.png

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
Looking on fanatics, every adidas team got the $120 authentic version while we got the cheap $75 replica version that is pretty cheap. I wonder if we will get the $120 authentic version
I stated something similar on the thread talking about the jersey.

I assume the authentic version will have the GT logo, and a few extra details. Otherwise this is just a black jersey with gold and white stripes.

Yes, I too wish the number was solid GOLD. This was a chance to use solid gold for the number outside of the navy tops where it really pops.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
I stated something similar on the thread talking about the jersey.

I assume the authentic version will have the GT logo, and a few extra details. Otherwise this is just a black jersey with gold and white stripes.

Yes, I too wish the number was solid GOLD. This was a chance to use solid gold for the number outside of the navy tops where it really pops.
I replied in the other thread, but it any other color, if the authentics have the GT logo, so do the cheaper replicas. Since these do not have the GT, I would assume the authentics won’t as well. Also, these are a throwback, and the original jerseys of the black watch era had no GT logo. In fact, they looked almost exactly like these...white numbers, gold outline, numbers on the shoulders, and white and gold stripes on the sleeves.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
I replied in the other thread, but it any other color, if the authentics have the GT logo, so do the cheaper replicas. Since these do not have the GT, I would assume the authentics won’t as well. Also, these are a throwback, and the original jerseys of the black watch era had no GT logo. In fact, they looked almost exactly like these...white numbers, gold outline, numbers on the shoulders, and white and gold stripes on the sleeves.
Flat out disrespectful to the OG blackwatch. This defense doesn't deserve to touch these jerseys.

They can wear black, but not an almost exact replica of the original. Defense hasn't even sniffed the right to wear them.

MGTfan

Ramblin' Wreck
Looking on fanatics, every adidas team got the $120 authentic version while we got the cheap $75 replica version that is pretty cheap. I wonder if we will get the $120 authentic version
Agreed. I’m not lying $75 for the replica, but I’d pay $120 for the authentic. The quality between the two is huge.

chris975d

Ramblin' Wreck
Agreed. I’m not lying $75 for the replica, but I’d pay $120 for the authentic. The quality between the two is huge.
Doubt it, since this replica is the one being sent out in social media links by GT as being the official one for Saturday.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
This needs to be our standard uni colors! I’m not anti blue like some but I really like the old gold and black combo. I’d live to see us move towards using black as the 3rd color.