2020-2021 NBA Season Talk

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
This sucks. GT finally gets back to the tournament and Moses gets smacked with Covid. Hornets finally look like they can be a playoff team with LaMelo and he's out for the year with a fractured wrist. I can't win in basketball this year.

jeffgt14

Still a small change Melo could return for the playoffs. Unfortunately that 4 seed slot we were at is moving on down to an 8 seed.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Safe to come out of the closet, Hawks fans and Lindsey Graham...
4th in the Eastern Conference, won 8 out of the last 10, 31-26.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Safe to come out of the closet, Hawks fans and Lindsey Graham...
4th in the Eastern Conference, won 8 out of the last 10, 31-26.
If we can get Hunter and Reddish back in time for the playoffs, I can see us making second round easy, and ECF as a stretch (I don't think any Eastern team is going to beat the Nets). We're so deep.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
If we can get Hunter and Reddish back in time for the playoffs, I can see us making second round easy, and ECF as a stretch (I don't think any Eastern team is going to beat the Nets). We're so deep.

I can see the Nets losing in the 2nd round or winning it all. If they get healthy and in-rhythm they'll be hard to beat. But when will both those things happen? And is it automatic that Kyme won't derail them somehow?

Speaking of healthy and in-rhythm, this Hawks team is indeed deeeeep. If Hunter and Gallinari return, Hawks could be in for a run. If Cam and/or Dunn return, that's just gravy. That said, I'm really concerned about Hunter's knee.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I can see the Nets losing in the 2nd round or winning it all. If they get healthy and in-rhythm they'll be hard to beat. But when will both those things happen? And is it automatic that Kyme won't derail them somehow?

Speaking of healthy and in-rhythm, this Hawks team is indeed deeeeep. If Hunter and Gallinari return, Hawks could be in for a run. If Cam and/or Dunn return, that's just gravy. That said, I'm really concerned about Hunter's knee.
I think they're in coast mode until the playoffs. They have pretty bad defense, but I don't think anybody can keep up with them for a 4 game series. But I'd absolutely love the schadenfreude if they collapse against the Heat or somebody.

Don't sleep on Reddish's defense, particularly against Durant who actually commented about it earlier in the year.

For all his weirdness on offense (which I've become convinced was him lashing out at the former coach), Reddish is a special defender.
I feel like a good chunk of Reddish's inconsistencies on offense were cause of injury too. He shot 50/40/80 in his last ten games last season as he kept improving post stomach surgery, and then had an achilles issue this season.

I'd like to see a fully healthy season with him before making any conclusions on his offense.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
This NBA season is so odd with the injurys and rest. We won't see anything that matters until the playoffs I am afraid.

And the Nets won't win the East.

jeffgt14

@jeffgt14 sounds like Ball may indeed come back in time for the playoffs ... well, the play-in's anyway. ;)
Yeah I miss that 4 seed we were holding on to. I don't think we're good enough to beat anyone at the top so was just hoping for a series win. Hell, I should just be happy to be in the playoffs and not finishing just outside the playoffs with a terrible lottery pick.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yeah I miss that 4 seed we were holding on to. I don't think we're good enough to beat anyone at the top so was just hoping for a series win. Hell, I should just be happy to be in the playoffs and not finishing just outside the playoffs with a terrible lottery pick.

Playoffs are fast approaching. Gonna be a good one, imho, with lots of new blood.

I believe y'all can take the Pacers.