2020-2021 NBA Season Talk

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Wow, either the Knicks reek, or I really underestimated Bogdan Bogdanovic. He and Capela are stars.
And Young should have been in the All Star game.

Knicks feasted on teams that didn't take the regular season serious. Are too dependent on Randle and his career year shooting.

The guy underestimated was Hunter defensively. Oh and McMillan coaching circles round Thibs who completely lacks any creativity offensively.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Dame Lillard may have had one of the greatest performances in a playoff loss I've ever seen. Guy willed them to overtime in a game they had no business being in. Then McCollum literally steps out of bounds to seal the OT loss for POR. smdh

Also, Dan E. strAinge steps down as Celtics president and Stevens steps into his role. HC search has commenced.

The only thing I'll miss are the rumors about what Ainge "almost" did after the trade deadline.

slugboy

Staff member

It was almost a Falcons Super Bowl ending. A 27 point lead got down to 2 at one point. The Hawks kept making bizarre fouls instead of letting Philly burn clock.
The refs “let ‘em play” in the 4th, if “‘em” were from Philly.
Bogi and Young are gamers (even though almost all our shooters got the wrong kind of “cold” in the 4th).

Milwaukee

Banned
It was almost a Falcons Super Bowl ending. A 27 point lead got down to 2 at one point. The Hawks kept making bizarre fouls instead of letting Philly burn clock.
The refs “let ‘em play” in the 4th, if “‘em” were from Philly.
Bogi and Young are gamers (even though almost all our shooters got the wrong kind of “cold” in the 4th).
It was a sh*tshow down the stretch. I guess Philly can maul and tackle every player on the court because they’re behind on the scoreboard. Absolute joke.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Thought of the Falcons-N.E. SuperBowl, too! It was painful with the flashbacks. Improbable.

Tonight could be commanding, should Atlanta win. The next 3 out of 5 starting Friday, will be at State Farm Arena. Although as you all are familiar with Atlanta Baseball, 2-0 in the playoffs or World Series, can mean very little.

@kg01, can you get the whammy removed from this town? A little hocus pocus, since we lose focus.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Valiant effort to take a brief lead near the end of the third quarter. Embiid was on fire and we really have very little to defend him with. Hate to see him without a sore knee. On to Atlanta for the next two. Need to be at 3-1, as a split making the Hawks 2-2, may give the 76ers too much momentum with 2 of the last 3 on their court. Sounds extra loud in there. Sound system turned extra high up? Philly fans have been raucous, as usual with a good product on the floor.
The box and one at times or trap in the open court on Young, has thrown him off his game. Difficult to get the floater up and for the most part, his ability to get decent shots off, are being challenged.

Does anyone crave McDonald’s when #39 is playing? A/k/a french fry hair head.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Hawks seem likely to lose this series, but have shown out well, imho. If they hadn't lost Hunter and Reddish for the year, they *might* have had a shot at these guys. Hard to see how to counter what Philly did to us in Game 2 without some more weapons though.

Hope I'm wrong.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hawks ain't ded yet, baybee!

Surprised the Nuggets got swept.

LAC awakening at the right time.

BKN breaking down at the wrong time.

Exciting playoffs especially knowing the usuals are out so we'll have a champ that hasn't won in a long time or ever.

Also only 1 super team still alive but faltering.

slugboy

Staff member
Hawks / Philly is a “playing wounded” series, and last night looked like it. Maybe the team that heals fastest wins.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Hawks / Philly is a “playing wounded” series, and last night looked like it. Maybe the team that heals fastest wins.
I haven't heard anything about Trae's shoulder yet. I hope it's not too serious.

I think with a long series wearing on Embiid and Reddish hopefully coming back to boost our perimiter D, this could come down to the wire.

Interesting stat: