2020-2021 NBA Season Talk

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Lots of NBA news today

- Kawhi - knee injury out for game 5, return for the series questionable

- Chris Paul - in COVID protocol, return likely, timing uncertain

- Coaches fired/parting ways with team: SVG (Pelicans), Brooks (Wizards)

- Dallas president Donnie Nelson parting ways with team, surely not a coincidence considering a hit-piece on another Mavericks front office guy came out 2 days ago.

ROTY: Lamelo Ball

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Lots of NBA news today

- Kawhi - knee injury out for game 5, return for the series questionable

- Chris Paul - in COVID protocol, return likely, timing uncertain

- Coaches fired/parting ways with team: SVG (Pelicans), Brooks (Wizards)

- Dallas president Donnie Nelson parting ways with team, surely not a coincidence considering a hit-piece on another Mavericks front office guy came out 2 days ago.

ROTY: Lamelo Ball
Zion will have his 3rd HC in as many years. It'll be interesting to see if he wants to stay with the pelicans (or what they try to throw together to show they can make the playoffs).

Kinda surprised Mavericks fired their GM literally one day after Cuban denied the whole shadow GM being an issue ( ). There's also a theory going around about the shadow GM posting on reddit ().

With all the injuries, the nba championship is as wide open as it's ever been (still probably nets tho).

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Zion will have his 3rd HC in as many years. It'll be interesting to see if he wants to stay with the pelicans (or what they try to throw together to show they can make the playoffs).

Kinda surprised Mavericks fired their GM literally one day after Cuban denied the whole shadow GM being an issue ( ). There's also a theory going around about the shadow GM posting on reddit ().

With all the injuries, the nba championship is as wide open as it's ever been (still probably nets tho).

Based on how they're running things, seems like NOP and DAL are trying to push their young stars out. Like they're doing it all exactly wrong.

And I'm sure Luka is seeing what's going on in Atlanta. Team is a year ahead of schedule while DAL is floundering. I get they're in the WC and the road's tougher but they're already basically capped out and have no draft capital for trades to improve the roster.

JacketRacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Based on how they're running things, seems like NOP and DAL are trying to push their young stars out. Like they're doing it all exactly wrong.

And I'm sure Luka is seeing what's going on in Atlanta. Team is a year ahead of schedule while DAL is floundering. I get they're in the WC and the road's tougher but they're already basically capped out and have no draft capital for trades to improve the roster.
At least with Luka, he's eligible to make >200M on his next extension. So Dallas probably has him locked down for at least 3-4 years cause no sane person will turn that down.

I think Zion should be gone though. He's just getting wasted on that team that's going nowhere, especially if his body breaks down like people think it will. He should be a superstar.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Remember when the Hawks named Nate McMillan the new HC? No one was talking about the playoffs at that point. Think coaches don't matter in the NBA? Think again.
Totally agree. I’ve been singing his praises since day 1.
Did I think Atlanta would take the #1 seed in the East to a Game 7? No.
Yes, I do realize the Hawks can win the series in 6. Actually, Nate had a losing playoff record as a H.C., before this year. The fact that this team likes each other is critical to the process. They do everything together, and genuinely like one another. McMillan encourages the chemistry, but not every club can master it. The money is too good, the egos are too large. What I like or have observed from a distance, is the positive attitude he takes with them in the huddle. Never allowing the white flag, and using his bench.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Don’t you love how “Charles in charge, large mound of rebound” keeps picking Philly to win before every game? Shaq sits the furthest away from Barkley. Is that because he is the only one that could stand up to him, or they look better as bookends? Lol!

How long does it take for Dwight Howard to do the french-fry hair dew?
I still think Favors is the better player. Thoughts?

slugboy

Staff member
Don’t you love how “Charles in charge, large mound of rebound” keeps picking Philly to win before every game? Shaq sits the furthest away from Barkley. Is that because he is the only one that could stand up to him, or they look better as bookends? Lol!

How long does it take for Dwight Howard to do the french-fry hair dew?
I still think Favors is the better player. Thoughts?
A lot of smart NBA thinkers keep picking Philly. I don’t blame them. We really don’t have an answer for Embid. They just need two outside shooters to be “hot”, and they have several. We’re missing our best defenders. On paper, this series should be over already.

But it’s not.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Embiid is the most dominant player left in the playoffs ... for about 3 quarters. Guy's been gassed in the 4th of every game. Hawks just need to let him get his, focus on making life difficult for Harris and Curry. Simmons will self-check.

If the game is close by the middle of the 3rd, Hawks have the advantage. Harris and Curry are keys for PHI.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Embiid is the most dominant player left in the playoffs ... for about 3 quarters. Guy's been gassed in the 4th of every game. Hawks just need to let him get his, focus on making life difficult for Harris and Curry. Simmons will self-check.

If the game is close by the middle of the 3rd, Hawks have the advantage. Harris and Curry are keys for PHI.
Yeah, and he’s playing with a torn meniscus in his knee.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff

There has been so much written, and said last night, about Embiid's injury that I wanted to add, "Well, it's a good thing the Hawks are 100% healthy or this would be over by now."

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member