2019 Offseason Thread

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Wasn't sure where to put this, but Stewart Mandel released his yearly Head Coaching Hires Grades for The Athletic this morning. For those without a subscription, I thought it'd be fine to include the grade and blurb he had for Coach Collins. Overall, he grades it as the third best hire of the offseason, with only Louisville's hire of Scatterfield and West Virginia's hire of Neal Brown as marginally better hires (both given an A).

Did anyone tell these three to “look to your left, look to your right....only one of you will still be here in 4 years.” :D

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
MikeJacket1967,
Not meaning to go off course with this thread, but I think next year, players should be awarded helmet stickers for outstanding plays.
4382.jpg

Understand MikeJacket1967 thinking, but have always felt those were too subjective. I think the only recognition sticker should be for S&C and academic performance. Both verifiable. 2 distinct stickers, and no more than one of each awarded to any S/A.

Along with unmarked bills of course.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
Random question. My wife and I are planning a trip this fall and it’s looking more like a cruise than Aruba. Looking like the week of the NCST game. My question is for those that have been on a cruise during football season. Will I be able to watch the game? Or at least stream it? It’s pretty much a lock to be on ESPN but I’ve never been on a cruise and I figure channel selection in the Caribbean could be hit and miss. We’re talking a Royal Caribbean cruise if that makes a difference?
Thanks!
You can pay a daily charge for internet service, a hire price if you want enough bandwidth to stream video $$.

If at an island and you have TMobile, you can stream for free using TMobile data, although signal might be spotty.

If not a bar in port might have free WiFi.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Random question. My wife and I are planning a trip this fall and it’s looking more like a cruise than Aruba. Looking like the week of the NCST game. My question is for those that have been on a cruise during football season. Will I be able to watch the game? Or at least stream it? It’s pretty much a lock to be on ESPN but I’ve never been on a cruise and I figure channel selection in the Caribbean could be hit and miss. We’re talking a Royal Caribbean cruise if that makes a difference?
Thanks!
Recommendations:
A. Wait until both football & basketball seasons are over
B. Go between the Citadel & Temple games: 9/15-9/27
C. Go between Miami & Pitt games: 10/20-11/1
D. Leave on a Sunday and come back Friday
E. Tell your wife to go by herself
F. Get divorced & take some random tramp

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Recommendations:
A. Wait until both football & basketball seasons are over
B. Go between the Citadel & Temple games: 9/15-9/27
C. Go between Miami & Pitt games: 10/20-11/1
D. Leave on a Sunday and come back Friday
E. Tell your wife to go by herself
F. Get divorced & take some random tramp
I chose F with D and E as possible back up plans

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
God damn! My 40 year old *** is ready to try and walk on the team after seeing this!
We might not have a great season but it won’t be from lack of effort, fight or heart! I’m ready for some f’ing football!

I hope people maintain this kind of positive take on effort the first time we get trounced in a game or just don’t play particularly well.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Understand MikeJacket1967 thinking, but have always felt those were too subjective. I think the only recognition sticker should be for S&C and academic performance. Both verifiable. 2 distinct stickers, and no more than one of each awarded to any S/A.

Along with unmarked bills of course.
Just checking anyone heard from MikeJacket he has not been on in a while ?

coldbeer

Ramblin' Wreck
Did anyone tell these three to “look to your left, look to your right....only one of you will still be here in 4 years.” :D
Not anymore.... GT retention rate is north of 95%. They also let you retake a failed class one time and replace it on your transcript

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Buzz4President

Georgia Tech Fan
Thanks!
We have been on cruises during football season for the past two years. I can tell you that it is not easy to watch the games either on TV or via the Internet. Most ships do have ESPN and sometimes ESPN2. However, the programming is completely different than what you would see at home. It was almost always soccer or cricket. The only exception seemed to be on Sunday when they showed some NFL games. Last year, we were on a cruise during the USF and Pitt games. For the USF game, we paid for internet streaming for the day, in order to watch our game. The feed was extremely glitchy. We would see maybe a minute of live action and then it would freeze for up to two minutes. It seemed that we always got the live action during time-outs or between plays. It always froze when the plays were actually happening. We were incredibly frustrated! So, the next week, we decided not to bother with it. We searched all the bars to see if they were showing our game, and all they had on was cricket and soccer. The same was true for our stateroom. Occasionally, we would see the score along the ticker at the bottom of the screen. For reference, this was on Royal Caribbean in New England and Canada. Other cruise lines may be different.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
We have been on cruises during football season for the past two years. I can tell you that it is not easy to watch the games either on TV or via the Internet. Most ships do have ESPN and sometimes ESPN2. However, the programming is completely different than what you would see at home. It was almost always soccer or cricket. The only exception seemed to be on Sunday when they showed some NFL games. Last year, we were on a cruise during the USF and Pitt games. For the USF game, we paid for internet streaming for the day, in order to watch our game. The feed was extremely glitchy. We would see maybe a minute of live action and then it would freeze for up to two minutes. It seemed that we always got the live action during time-outs or between plays. It always froze when the plays were actually happening. We were incredibly frustrated! So, the next week, we decided not to bother with it. We searched all the bars to see if they were showing our game, and all they had on was cricket and soccer. The same was true for our stateroom. Occasionally, we would see the score along the ticker at the bottom of the screen. For reference, this was on Royal Caribbean in New England and Canada. Other cruise lines may be different.
Thanks! Great to know. Luckily for me, it’s looking like the dates might not work with my wife work schedule for a cruise so I’m trying to pull the Aruba card again. Lol

Animal02

Banned
Thanks! Great to know. Luckily for me, it’s looking like the dates might not work with my wife work schedule for a cruise so I’m trying to pull the Aruba card again. Lol
Do an all inclusive on one of the islands. I did that over New Year's when we played Kentucky....they had a sports bar in the resort that carried the game.