2019 Offseason Thread

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
agreed. My Dynamics prof was horrific. Only 5 out of 20 original students made it to the final. That's not 'hard' - that's Bad Teaching. My Calc IV "professor" was a TA.

Agreed. I had very few good teachers and they came in my major in the last two years. The non engineering "teachers" in Fr and So years were trainees with a bad attitude.. I did have one good math teacher early on. I have to admit that when I went to work I did know how to survive.

Animal02

Banned
w,
Agreed. I had very few good teachers and they came in my major in the last two years. The non engineering "teachers" in Fr and So years were trainees with a bad attitude.. I did have one good math teacher early on. I have to admit that when I went to work I did know how to survive.
The worst ones I had were AE profs teaching structures to us architects.....they hated us.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
When I was a part time adjunct years ago student evaluations were critical in staff development and in teacher evaluation. Does Tech even deal with pedagogical iuues with their faculty?
Oh good God—don’t get me started. Every academic program at Tech goes through the wringer, every Spring, to justify their scademic accountability. I literally worked 29 out of 30 days last April, in order to do my regular job AND prepare the annual program assessment report for my School.

So yeah, we deal with pedagogical issues. It’s a shame that community colleges like (u)GA and (u)NC don’t have to do the same...

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Oh good God—don’t get me started. Every academic program at Tech goes through the wringer, every Spring, to justify their scademic accountability. I literally worked 29 out of 30 days last April, in order to do my regular job AND prepare the annual program assessment report for my School.

So yeah, we deal with pedagogical issues. It’s a shame that community colleges like (u)GA and (u)NC don’t have to do the same...
Good to know. Just wondered after the other comments.

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
Clemson is favored by 20.5 points in their game against Texas A&M this season. I think i would take Texas A&M and the points. I think that Texas A&M will go 10-2 in 2019 and give Clemson a tough game.
Everybody's seeing the talent of Trevor Lawrence. Nobody's understanding they are losing all those DL stars they've had for 2-3 years to the league.