2019 Offseason Thread

gtwcf

Ramblin' Wreck
We need to do this.

I don't think we're set up facility wise to execute this. We would likely have to go away from volunteer staff (for fundraising) to a group like what's at M-B. Think the lines are crazy now? Those prices would drive even more volume than we can currently handle.

Gold1

Helluva Engineer
Btw I wouldn't waste your time listening to the new toddcast. Just a bunch of jargon about Canada and academics. Nothing interesting at all really

ncjacket79

Helluva Engineer
not sure if this is the best location for this but the other was already archived.
GT still has players in the portal who could stay(I assume CBG would have to agree or may have already used up the spot)
This article(7/1 update) lists the P5 guys (by position) who have transferred, along with those still in the portal (aka undecided)
https://247sports.com/college/georg...-portal-names-players-destinations-127866941/
Pretty sure when you enter the portal you give up your scholarship. A team can choose to take you back but there is no holding your spot.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I found this interesting tidbit in The Athletic this morning from Bruce Feldman's "Biggest Freaks List 2019," where he ranks the most athletic players in college football. While Georgia Tech doesn't have any players in this 50 player list, a familiar (last) name popped up at #9:
9. Marcelino Ball, Indiana, defensive back
The 20-year-old younger brother of former Georgia Tech QB Reggie Ball has emerged as an elite safety for the Hoosiers. Ball had 59 tackles, 7.5 TFLs and one INT in 2018. The 6-0, 220-pound junior has a 365-pound power clean and 405-pound bench press max. But he gets a Top-10 spot here because of his wheels. Ball has been tracked on the Hoosiers’ GPS system topping out at 22.74 mph and has been electronically timed at 4.41 in the 40.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I found this interesting tidbit in The Athletic this morning from Bruce Feldman's "Biggest Freaks List 2019," where he ranks the most athletic players in college football. While Georgia Tech doesn't have any players in this 50 player list, a familiar (last) name popped up at #9:
A little surprise Jalen Camp isn’t on this list. Dude’s a physical beast no doubt about it.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
not sure if this is the best location for this but the other was already archived.
GT still has players in the portal who could stay(I assume CBG would have to agree or may have already used up the spot)
This article(7/1 update) lists the P5 guys (by position) who have transferred, along with those still in the portal (aka undecided)
https://247sports.com/college/georg...-portal-names-players-destinations-127866941/

I was surprised by the number of players in the portal. Guess I need to pay more attention to this and do some research on details on how students/players work this system.

I can envision CGC working this hard during his tenure here.

Milwaukee

Banned
Heard on the radio today that the Pac 12 is talking about doing 9 am local time kicks to get into the noon ET time slot.

This seems insane to me.

This is true. They're looking at doing it 2 to 3 times as soon as this season. I'm a sports nut so this doesn't work for me oveall. The reason they're doing it is to grab some of our attention in the est and cst because they believe that we're all in bed when their games kickoff at 9 and 10. I actually look forward to their late night games 1 - because I'm a cfb junkie and 2 - it's a great opportunity to make up for a day of losing on point spreads :)

This is only going to get in the way of Saturday morning soccer matches which already split time with my cfb. I only have 5 screens in the living room. Enough is enough. 1st world problems.