2019 NCAA Baseball Tournament - Atlanta Regional

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
All I know is these guys continue to show me a TON of character. Folks who post complaints just don’t understand, I think. They see we are a #3 and believe we’re supposed to bury everyone we play.

This team has made me proud this year, no matter what happens tonight. And tomorrow

And I was anti-Hall the last couple of years. But this team has such character...just wow!

LibertyTurns

Banned
Do you notice how some just quit posting after we get a come from behind win?
My wife came home & normally she’s a rally killer. Today was one of those rare days her special spell over GT sports did not work. It was 4-7 & she said “you still watching that game”? 5 mins later it was 7-7 and the rest is history.

Deleted member 2897

My wife came home & normally she’s a rally killer. Today was one of those rare days her special spell over GT sports did not work. It was 4-7 & she said “you still watching that game”? 5 mins later it was 7-7 and the rest is history.

Did you respond appropriately a few minutes later: “How bout them apples?”

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
All I know is these guys continue to show me a TON of character. Folks who post complaints just don’t understand, I think. They see we are a #3 and believe we’re supposed to bury everyone we play.

This team has made me proud this year, no matter what happens tonight. And tomorrow

And I was anti-Hall the last couple of years. But this team has such character...just wow!
Ditto!! I consider myself a positive fan... optimistic. I'm ashamed to admit, I had given up today after we fell behind, left 11 on base thru 5. Ran out of challenges. Lost a protest...

I did keep watching.... didn't walk away; but really was thinking a wonderful season was going to end with a heartbreaker last night & a big whiff-carryover loss after all that.

But THIS TEAM keeps grinding. Slumping guys manup. It is truly awesome.

Go Jackets!!! I believe.

Ramblinwreck07

Jolly Good Fellow
Huge come back win today. Speaks to the character of these young men after last night's heartbreak. Hopefully we can ride that momentum to a couple more wins.

Who will we have available out of the pen tonight? English didn't throw many pitches. Can he give us an inning or two? Maybe we can get 6 or 7 from Roedig.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I got pissed at 7-2 and went outside to work in yard. Looked at my phone and it said we won. What a loser I am.

Should I even watch next game? I watched us last night until my wife wanted to go out for a while. Came back just in time to see the bottom of ninth inning.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
I still think we will win the regional. We are better than auburn and coastal, and we are at home. It’s definitely tough now.

I’m hoping our fans rally behind the team and show up today. Last night was an awesome crowd. Any auburn chants were quickly silenced.
You weren't sitting where I was. I was in section 9 and the Auburn guy in section 7 with the helmet leading the Auburn chants really pissed me off when he moved in the aisle between 7 & 9 in the 8th inning, really loud. I was sitting on the aisle and felt like body slamming him! I have to say though he cut off the chants before every pitch.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
You weren't sitting where I was. I was in section 9 and the Auburn guy in section 7 with the helmet leading the Auburn chants really pissed me off when he moved in the aisle between 7 & 9 in the 8th inning, really loud. I was sitting on the aisle and felt like body slamming him! I have to say though he cut off the chants before every pitch.

He started in section 2. Couldn’t handle being in the swarm.

Bogey

Helluva Engineer
CT was throwing well, and placing his pitches well. The runners were due to a weak, well-placed grounder and a HBP with 2 strikes on the batter. CT went at him too hard with 2 strikes. It happens. There is no way that Hall made the wrong call on this one. It's just how the game plays out sometimes. 1 strike or 1 HR and the game is over.
I agree. But what I didn't like was when CT came off the field in the 8th inning and the team came out to congratulate him. You only do stuff like that when you are finished for the night, it absolutely breaks your concentration and focus. I told my son he was finished and was shocked when he pitched the ninth. For example, when pitchers have a no hitter going late in the game, his teammates won't sit within 6 feet of him, much less be patting him on the back.

slugboy

Staff member
Did you respond appropriately a few minutes later: “How bout them apples?”

I recommend “you’re lucky—sit next to me”, regardless of the score

FWIW, we do better when I check online vs watching ESPN. Not that I have supernatural powers or anything

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
I got pissed at 7-2 and went outside to work in yard. Looked at my phone and it said we won. What a loser I am.

Should I even watch next game? I watched us last night until my wife wanted to go out for a while. Came back just in time to see the bottom of ninth inning.
Oh, so YOU'RE the problem guy now, huh!

Yeah. Let's kidnap this guy and blindfold him so he doesn't watch tonight. Or tomorrow. :)

91Wreck

Jolly Good Fellow
Whatever happens in the rest of the tournament, I am proud of this team and the season they have had. It would have been easy for them to pack up after they got down 7-2. They showed a lot of character playing hard today after last night's heartbreaking loss.