2019 Georgia Tech Win Total Predications!

LibertyTurns

Banned
Georgia Tech 2019 8-4 in the regular season

@Clemson L
USF W
The Citadel W
@Temple W
North Carolina W
@Duke W
@Miami L
Pitt W
@Virginia L
Virginia Tech W
NCSU W
UGAG L

Music City Bowl

Georgia Tech vs Iowa or Northwestern
Agree with the above. We’d have probably knocked off either U or the French but the changes are going to cost us 1 win probably. There’s a chance it may cost us 2 wins but that’s merely a short term deal. If we can out-recruit the competition as expected, we should settle in at that 8-9 win annual range with an occasional 10+ and an occasional 7-

Healthy QBs, a stout offensive line, a defense that’s not swiss cheese so get us to that 8th win this year. The loss of 2nd solid RB’s a little concerning but that’s an easier position to replace given the stable of RBs.

gt13

Ramblin' Wreck
Georgia Tech 2019 8-4 in the regular season

@Clemson L
USF W
The Citadel W
@Temple W
North Carolina W
@Duke W
@Miami L
Pitt W
@Virginia L
Virginia Tech W
NCSU W
UGAG L

Music City Bowl

Georgia Tech vs Iowa or Northwestern
With back to back big home wins over VT and NCSU the juice is going to be flowing in the ATL ahead of the uga game

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
The OP has us winning 3 of the first 4. Do that and play reasonably well with the BIG FIVE in the Coastal of UNC, Duke, Virginia, Virginia Tech, and Miami by winning three of those and we are in a bowl and have exceeded expectations of most commentators. Pretty good first season especially if we follow that up with a win over either Pitt or NC State better yet do all that and sweep both of them and Coach Collins should get Coach of the Year honors with 8 or 9 wins. Is it doable? Yes. Is it likely? Nope, which is why I am sticking with my prediction of 6 wins. Anything less than 5 wins will be disappointing but not entirely unexpected. To avoid this sort of drama in the future, we badly need more linemen. I don't care how you get them. Go to Samoa, Go to Belgium, Go to Pennsylvania, beg them, buy them, steal them, lie to them, do whatever it takes but we have to have more and better linemen on both sides of the ball.

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
I see no reason why CGC can't be as successful as CPJ was when he inherited a team geared to an entirely different offensive scheme. The only prediction I'm making is that there will be more than 1 team looking up at GT ahead of them in the Coastal Division at the end of the season.

smathis30

Ramblin' Wreck
I see no reason why CGC can't be as successful as CPJ was when he inherited a team geared to an entirely different offensive scheme. The only prediction I'm making is that there will be more than 1 team looking up at GT ahead of them in the Coastal Division at the end of the season.
Paul Johnson also inherited a team that had more NFL players starting on it then any other team in the ACC, except for Clemson, whom GT was tied with at 9 a piece. It’s an entirely different situation.

SOWEGA Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Someone mentioned Collins teams starting slowly. He’s been a head coach for two seasons at Temple. There is no comparison. Collins will never play a snap for GT. We have legit D1 players who are putting in work. Also, I give little credence to the “change of systems” mantra. Football is football and all our players have played in similar systems in high school and all our new guys have never played in an option system. To give it a hoops analogy we are switching from a zone to man to man defense. And every player wants to play man to man because that’s what they have been playing since birth. We will have no issue going to Collins system just like we had no issues going from Gailey to Johnson. I have confidence we’ll have a typical Tech season where it comes down to turnovers and timely scores to see who wins the Coastal. My only question is how long will it take Collins to get in the guys who can simply out athlete the Coastal so we don’t have to worry about tiebreakers.