2018 Off Season Thread

Please tell!
It's sort of complicated, but Augusta wants to build a new coliseum (or whatever you want to call it), and the downtown area, where the existing one is located, is currently booming. But the mayor, at the apparent urging of the owner of a long deserted shopping mall, decided that the new coliseum should be built on that deserted lot, which is in a highly blighted and mostly ignored part of town. That simply makes no sense, and one cannot help but wonder if the owner of that property has sought to buy the mayor out. A non-binding popular vote on the issue at the same time as the mayor's reelection vote was overwhelmingly in favor of keeping the coliseum downtown.

GTRhino24

GT Athlete

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35

bartoma

Jolly Good Fellow

I can only imagine the nightmares of Marco Coleman that still awaken Scott Zolak at night... I think he had seven sacks, and just destroyed him all day long... Almost as good as the ***-kicking he gave David Brown a week or two later....

I saw this game with my Navy fraternity brother, who died the following August when his E2C went down off Puerto Rico... RIP Mike Horowitz...

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I can only imagine the nightmares of Marco Coleman that still awaken Scott Zolak at night... I think he had seven sacks, and just destroyed him all day long... Almost as good as the ***-kicking he gave David Brown a week or two later....

I saw this game with my Navy fraternity brother, who died the following August when his E2C went down off Puerto Rico... RIP Mike Horowitz...

I love this post, prayerfully for all the right reasons.

Interesting video "Top 10 worst neighborhoods in Atlanta"

At least until the mid-70s, the area immediately surrounding the Tech campus was certainly dangerous for Tech students.....Techwood homes, and the neighborhoods feeding O'Keefe HS. Neither Techwood homes nor O'Keefe HS exist anymore, and the campus has considerably expanded. I don't know how things are now on the western fringes of the campus, but, for the most part, I think it's a lot safer overall now than it was when I was in school.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
At least until the mid-70s, the area immediately surrounding the Tech campus was certainly dangerous for Tech students.....Techwood homes, and the neighborhoods feeding O'Keefe HS. Neither Techwood homes nor O'Keefe HS exist anymore, and the campus has considerably expanded. I don't know how things are now on the western fringes of the campus, but, for the most part, I think it's a lot safer overall now than it was when I was in school.
Here are some old photos of the former Buttermilk Bottom neighborhood. It was called Buttermilk Bottom because of the smell brought on by the downward slope of the sewers which caused a water backup that smelled like buttermilk.

https://vahinews.blogspot.com/p/buttermilk-bottom.html

Here is Tech Flats that was also known as Tanyard Bottom

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanyard_Bottom

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Here's a question for the posters out there. If Appalachian State head football coach Scott Satterfield becomes North Carolina or Vanderbilt head football coach after the 2018 season do y'all think Defensive Coordinator Nate Woody would be their #1 Candidate to replace Scott Satterfield? If Appalachian State did interview him about the job in December do y'all think he would leave GT and take the job?

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Here's a question for the posters out there. If Appalachian State head football coach Scott Satterfield becomes North Carolina or Vanderbilt head football coach after the 2018 season do y'all think Defensive Coordinator Nate Woody would be their #1 Candidate to replace Scott Satterfield? If Appalachian State did interview him about the job in December do y'all think he would leave GT and take the job?
I don’t think so but that’s because I’m not convinced Scott is leaving after this year but you definitely seem to be convinced of it.

If he were planning on leaving he already would have or he probably would’ve told Nate when Nate told him about the GT offer

GTRhino24

GT Athlete
Did you go to the 1997 Carquest Bowl? It looked like the Stadium
Did you go to the 1997 Carquest Bowl? It looked like the Stadium was almost empty.
Nope. The Gator Bowl was my first time traveling with the team. The night before the game, a large group of us were only 10 minutes early for dinner. GOL was outside the room sending us all back to our rooms. We had to meet at 6am to see if they were going to let us dress for the game. GOL gave our bowl swag to his family members but we got to dress for the game in different color warm ups than the rest of the team (the gold and whites were in our bags). Back in ATL, he made us individually beg for our rings. That shaped my opinion of GOL for the next decade.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

I don’t think so but I wouldn’t expect him to stay at GT if he doesn’t move into CPJ’s job when he retires. I think if Woody does well at GT over the next 3 to 4 years then he would be a good candidate for HC at GT or somewhere else. Leaving after a year to go back to App State would probably only happen if he’s in love with the school or Boone. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think so but I wouldn’t expect him to stay at GT if he doesn’t move into CPJ’s job when he retires. I think if Woody does well at GT over the next 3 to 4 years then he would be a good candidate for HC at GT or somewhere else. Leaving after a year to go back to App State would probably only happen if he’s in love with the school or Boone. Just my two cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(y)(y)(y)(y)(y)