2018 Off Season Thread

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
When you are ready to deal out the consequences just let me know and I will provide directions to our hunting land. By the way did you watch the “Hunger Games”;)

I’ll fly over with a crop duster and spray wolf piss all over the property. The hard part is collecting all that wolf p.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
We have weapons on O. We just need to get and keep our big nasties up front healthy.

And we need our D to make their share of plays and stops.

I like your confidence but do you really see a receiver that reminds you of say, Smelter or Thomas or even Waller? Someone that has safeties pointing to and yelling about over the top coverage? Hmm... me neither.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I think we have guys who can be that most definitely. I’d say we have 4 guys with that potential, maybe 5.

Good but until I see it I am from Missouri. "Show Me". I truly hope that a couple of them will work extra hard running, catching passes, lifting, running routes 100 times a day with Marshall throwing to make themselves into better receivers because I am here to tell you that every defensive coordinator we face is going to have one or both safeties up close and selling out to stop the pitch and the quarterback on option plays. We have to make them pay.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
I like your confidence but do you really see a receiver that reminds you of say, Smelter or Thomas or even Waller? Someone that has safeties pointing to and yelling about over the top coverage? Hmm... me neither.

It depends on exactly what you are asking. In the entire history of GT Football there have only been two receivers like Johnson and Thomas. Smelter was very good, but he wasn't Calvin Johnson good. We have several receivers who can be very good receivers. I don't know for sure, but I seriously doubt we have any along the lines of Johnson and Thomas. Not because the guys we have aren't good, but because those guys are NFL Hall of Fame good.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Anybody know if our former DL coach ever got picked up by anyone? Just curious.

Are you talking about Coach Pelton? That poor soul did not have a lot to work with sometimes but I think he did the best he could. I wonder if he agreed with Coach Roof's bend don't break philosophy? Guess we will never know.