2018 Off Season Thread

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Best I can see we will be fine next year.
clip_image016_0000.gif

Yaller Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I took a look at who we lose to try to boost my morale after Duke. There aren't many, but some of the ones we do lose are impact players. Our best tackler in Mitchell, our best receiver in Jeune, and our best pass rusher in Simmons. Lots of quality DBs.

I don't think there is much chance anyone passes TaQuan. The hope is he will take a big step up his second year in lots of areas.

Longhorngary, many on all the boards have never understood why we don't have a short or medium passing game. But PJ is convinced it won't work for us. I think we've all kinda thrown in the towel on that one.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
I took a look at who we lose to try to boost my morale after Duke. There aren't many, but some of the ones we do lose are impact players. Our best tackler in Mitchell, our best receiver in Jeune, and our best pass rusher in Simmons. Lots of quality DBs.

I don't think there is much chance anyone passes TaQuan. The hope is he will take a big step up his second year in lots of areas.

Longhorngary, many on all the boards have never understood why we don't have a short or medium passing game. But PJ is convinced it won't work for us. I think we've all kinda thrown in the towel on that one.
Mitchell going pro this year? Doubtful. He'll be back for his senior season.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I posted this in another thread, but the thing about the defense next year is that even though we lose a lot of experience in the secondary and at DE, we get ALL of our DTs back next year. We also get our starting LBs back along with BJS, Roof, and Henderson who should take a step up. At DE, we get back St. Amour who is our best all-around DE imo and Owens who has reallyg impressed me this year. It sucks what we lose in the secondary, but Gray is back next year (huge for the getting the D liined up) along with Jalen Johnson and Kerr who have both been playing well. I think that the D takes another step up next year and I hope that Roof decides to get a little more aggressive if he is retained.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I posted this in another thread, but the thing about the defense next year is that even though we lose a lot of experience in the secondary and at DE, we get ALL of our DTs back next year. We also get our starting LBs back along with BJS, Roof, and Henderson who should take a step up. At DE, we get back St. Amour who is our best all-around DE imo and Owens who has reallyg impressed me this year. It sucks what we lose in the secondary, but Gray is back next year (huge for the getting the D liined up) along with Jalen Johnson and Kerr who have both been playing well. I think that the D takes another step up next year and I hope that Roof decides to get a little more aggressive if he is retained.
Great post,THWG,i think GT's defense in 2018 could be better than people think;)(y)

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
You can tell the football season is winding down when the early, exuberant cheers of the Tech faithful turn to lamentable choruses of "Wait 'till next year!"

Jmonty71

Banned
I think there will be a massive competition for QB. Just because TM started this year, does not mean he will start next year. We will be better on the OL, which should lead to more time consuming drives. I really don't know about the D. My guess is we will be about the same, if not a little better. Thinking we will have some stability at the LV spot. May actually play a true 4-3.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I think there will be a massive competition for QB. Just because TM started this year, does not mean he will start next year. We will be better on the OL, which should lead to more time consuming drives. I really don't know about the D. My guess is we will be about the same, if not a little better. Thinking we will have some stability at the LV spot. May actually play a true 4-3.

Man, I’d love to get a carbon copy of that 2014 OL. Those guys were awesome and I really think that they were a major reason for our success that year. The 2014 team rushed for 4,789 yards with 47 TDs. As a comparison, this year’s team has rushed for 3,193 yards with 30 TDs, which is still good, with at least one game to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk