2018 Off Season Thread

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Here's what College Football looked like around 1903. Passing was illegal and the line of scrimmage was chest to chest which is why there is a chalk gridiron on the field instead of lines. Touchdowns and FGs were 5 points and kicks after TDs were 1 point

Last edited:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Here's what College Football looked like around 1903. Passing was illegal and the line of scrimmage was chest to chest which is why there is a chalk gridiron on the field instead of lines. Touchdowns and FGs were 5 points and kicks after TDs were 1 point

That’s cool. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer

Here is my high scool stadium - pensacola florida is a short walk from my home place . State champsc1905,08, 53, 58 ,59 and 2008. In the 50 -59 my buds and i we would sneak in to the games. Amazing what a dump this stadium is compared to the new schools and stadiums my kids attended in houston.
Still have good players just not good teams and I suspect poor academics .
20171215_175922.jpg

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Here is my high scool stadium - pensacola florida is a short walk from my home place . State champsc1905,08, 53, 58 ,59 and 2008. In the 50 -59 my buds and i we would sneak in to the games. Amazing what a dump this stadium is compared to the new schools and stadiums my kids attended in houston.
Still have good players just not good teams and I suspect poor academics . View attachment 3203
Awesome(y)

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Here are Tennessee's early football signees

Tanner Antonutti 6-5 260 OL Nashville,Tennessee

Paxton Brooks 6-5 170 Punter West Columbia,South Carolina He was an Under Armour All American

Ollie Lane 6-5 280 OL Corryton,Tennessee

Jerome Carvin 6-4 330 OL Cordova,Tennessee

Jeremy Banks 6-2 215 RB Cordova,Tennessee

JT Shrout 6-3 190 QB Newhall,California

Kingston Harris 6-4 272 DL Orlando,Florida

Jacob Warren 6-6 211 TE Knoxville,Tennessee He scored 11 touchdowns in 2017

Techster

Helluva Engineer
UGA will choke I don't think they make the Championship game which I think will be Oklahoma-Clemson. I think UGAG slips to 9-3 in 2018.

Man, they have the #2 class right now, and if they win the national championship it's going to be unbearable.

If you think UGA fans are obnoxious now...

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
They have the number #1 Class in both ESPN & Rivals.

They have a really good shot at the Chip this year. As much as a hard Jawja I have to tip my cap to how Kirby has built this team. They are fundamentally sound. The brain farts are gone. They just tough as hell and physical. Not sexy at all but winning on brutal force.