2018 Off Season Thread

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
On a more serious side... . Depends on well the offense plays. Also ST has to be better. We will lose 1-2 games we should of won and win 1-2 games, we should of lost. My early prediction. 7-5

Wins. Alcorn State, Bowling Green, UVA, UNC, Pitt, Duke, Miami

Lose. Clemson, VT, USF, UGA, Louisville

I think we pull a win against Miami, next year. But, lose to VT.
USF from what I hear have pretty much lost all their starters on Offense,Defense and Special Teams and I think the Bulls will be rebuilding and GT will get the win. 8-4 would be great for GT in 2018;):cool:

GTBatGirl96

Jolly Good Fellow
Here's my Top 30 College Football Head Coaches on the Hotseat going into the 2018 football season

1)David Beaty Kansas
2)Kliff Kingsbury Texas Tech
3)Luke Fickell Cincinnati
4)Kalani Sitaki BYU
5)Chris Ash Rutgers
6)Mike MacIntyre Colorado
7)Dana Holgorsen West Virginia
8)Larry Fedora North Carolina
9)Randy Edsall UConn
10)Scooter Montgomery East Carolina

I don't think Fedora's seat is that hot. My dad is a UNC alum, and he says they still like Fedora and he got a pass this year for all the injuries.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Was looking at Bradley Chubb (the All-American likely top 5 draft pick from NC State) and saw he was a 3 star from Powder Springs. So, I was curious if we recruited him. Found his small recruiting thread here: https://gtswarm.com/threads/bradley-chubb.17/

The particularly interesting line from Eric at the end as to why interest in GT apparently cooled off:
"GT moved on after commitments from Merriweather,Freeman and Klock."​

Strange how that worked out. Merriweather has struggled to get on the field, Freeman seemed to stagnate, and Klock transfers out. The guy we passed on ended up becoming an elite defensive lineman. Almost makes me think the guys who say "can't have enough lineman" aren't crazy.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Here's a nice bit of GT football history. Here's a short film of the 1940 Orange Bowl between 7-2 1939 SEC Champions Georgia Tech and 8-1 1939 Big Six Champions Missouri

GT Blue Jerseys and White Pants and Missouri in the Gold

A couple of observations:
1) Poor special teams play. Looks like the opening kickoff went out of bounds. After we scored, we gave up a huge kickoff return.
2) It's the wrong shade of gold. And we should never have blue jerseys.
3) We took snaps from center in the shotgun. That should satisfy a lot on this board.
4) Did you notice how enthusiastically the ref signaled touchdown for us? And the PAT? That's to be expected though - we had SEC home cooking back then.
5) We threw short passes over the middle - something else we've been calling for!

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
A couple of observations:
1) Poor special teams play. Looks like the opening kickoff went out of bounds. After we scored, we gave up a huge kickoff return.
2) It's the wrong shade of gold. And we should never have blue jerseys.
3) We took snaps from center in the shotgun. That should satisfy a lot on this board.
4) Did you notice how enthusiastically the ref signaled touchdown for us? And the PAT? That's to be expected though - we had SEC home cooking back then.
5) We threw short passes over the middle - something else we've been calling for!
;)(y):LOL:

Jmonty71

Banned
USF from what I hear have pretty much lost all their starters on Offense,Defense and Special Teams and I think the Bulls will be rebuilding and GT will get the win. 8-4 would be great for GT in 2018;):cool:
I was placing that under the "we should of won" columns. A typical GT season has 1-2 WTF?? type games and 1-2 hey, we actually played like we should of games. The rest are all just average.

Jmonty71

Banned
Leave my logic alone... While it has no rhyme or reason... It is a tried and true (most seasons) logic. We always have 1 to 2 upsets in us, per year. Just like...We always to seem to lose to the worst team, per year. Lately... Those have been VT and Duke... Am I not correct??? Just saying.... logic. :)

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Who do y'all think will win more games in 2018 North Carolina or Virginia? I think North Carolina goes 4-8 with losses to California,UCF,GT,Pitt,Virginia Tech,NCSU,Miami and Virginia. I think Virginia goes 5-7 with losses to Miami,North Carolina,Pitt,Louisville,Georgia Tech,Virginia Tech and NCSU. I think Larry Fedora will be out of a job in December 2018 because North Carolina finished 4-8.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Fedora gets a pass for 2017. He has been losing to duke and nc state which is not helping his status. He probably gets a pass next year even if a down year. He had QB problems early and finally found a better one. That position should be better next year. The number 1 ranked QB from NC did not work out in 2017. Lots of int's.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
How do y'all think the Jackets will do in 2018? I think 2018 could be a surprising season with 8-4 at worse and 9-3 at best. I think as of now the losses will be to Clemson,Miami and Virginia Tech.

We will be fortunate to have a winning season unless changes are made on both offense and defense. Not holding my breath on either.