2017 Spring Practice

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I've been waiting for dolphus to become the next GT WR. His measurables are in the freak range and he got a lot of praise for his work ethic. Hoping to see him break out this year.

The #3 wide receiver doesn't get a lot of work for us, especially considering we have proven assets in Jeune and Stewart, and to make it to #3 he has to bypass Camp as well.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
The #3 wide receiver doesn't get a lot of work for us, especially considering we have proven assets in Jeune and Stewart, and to make it to #3 he has to bypass Camp as well.
No spot should be won at this point. If camp and dolphus are the best two then they should be the starters. Not saying this will happen but it should be an open competition.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Which says alot because our starting two are not world beaters. Solid kids. High effort. But nothing beyond avg imo. This offense makes talented wr unmanageable

Honestly don't bother. It's clear we have active posters that are family members of players on the team. It really does make for awkward discussion. This time last year I was arguing with a poster that Brad Stewart isn't the best athlete on the entire football team and wouldn't be able to play on the men's Georgia tech basketball team. What started that thread you ask? He dunked a basketball. He dunked. That's it. Whew.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
I know you didn't but I'm telling you, they're not
Well I hope you are close to the program to have the confidence to say that. Stewart and June are solid but nothing really special imo. Dolphus and Camp are both getting high praises, and both have higher upside. If they made good strides this year in the off season and continue to do so till the season they could turn out to be just as good if not better. I think blocking will be the big deciding factor. I guess only time will tell.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Honestly don't bother. It's clear we have active posters that are family members of players on the team. It really does make for awkward discussion. This time last year I was arguing with a poster that Brad Stewart isn't the best athlete on the entire football team and wouldn't be able to play on the men's Georgia tech basketball team. What started that thread you ask? He dunked a basketball. He dunked. That's it. Whew.

Well. I am not trying to be rude they are good kids, play hard etc but they aren't or yet have been any type of difference maker we need on the edges to be a 2014 or 2009 team. Good program kids but says alot about the backups too.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Well. I am not trying to be rude they are good kids, play hard etc but they aren't or yet have been any type of difference maker we need on the edges to be a 2014 or 2009 team. Good program kids but says alot about the backups too.

Stewart would make a great slot receiver at somewhere like Texas Tech. Just not tall enough or fast enough to be on the outside. Good defenses like Clemson will go man on our WRs and sellout just like last year knowing Stewart or jeune can't beat them one on one

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Lots speculation being taken a little too far (the nature of the off-season). Camp and Dolphus do look the part ... but, so did Christian Philpott and Harland Howell ... and so did Bay Bay and Smelter. It's just too little to form a defensible position. If one of them is at the level of the latter comparison, they'll show it soon enough and could end up overtaking an incumbent starter by season's end.
It's also overstating the case to say that Stewart and Jeune aren't difference makers. Both beat out good competition to start, and both have made clutch plays for us against good competition. I had my doubts about them two season ago, but they've shown some things ... enough for me to say they're not going to be limiting factors for our offense. They both can beat one-on-one coverage, even against good competition. They haven't shown themselves to be Bay Bay, or Smelter yet, but they've shown to be the equal (maybe better) of Hill and Waller, which is saying something.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Lots speculation being taken a little too far (the nature of the off-season). Camp and Dolphus do look the part ... but, so did Christian Philpott and Harland Howell ... and so did Bay Bay and Smelter. It's just too little to form a defensible position. If one of them is at the level of the latter comparison, they'll show it soon enough and could end up overtaking an incumbent starter by season's end.
It's also overstating the case to say that Stewart and Jeune aren't difference makers. Both beat out good competition to start, and both have made clutch plays for us against good competition. I had my doubts about them two season ago, but they've shown some things ... enough for me to say they're not going to be limiting factors for our offense. They both can beat one-on-one coverage, even against good competition. They haven't shown themselves to be Bay Bay, or Smelter yet, but they've shown to be the equal (maybe better) of Hill and Waller, which is saying something.

Agreed. Stewart is an animal on jump balls.

I also love how so many just completely overlook he ability to block on the edge. You'll never get the chance for those one on one situations if you can't block well enough to get the pitch rolling in the first place.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Adams getting some pub. We really, really need this dude to come on.

http://www.ajc.com/sports/college/t...-tech-spring-practice/xigHx4wY1Rxb9xkwOEBP1M/

newsEngin.18146961_BrandonAdamsDK.jpg

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
Well said.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck

Yea, no, I'm totally with you. Brad Stewart, specifically, is an outstanding athlete and great rep for our team. No argument from me. But like most people in the world, its all binary. I can't simultaneously say that he's not the greatest athlete on the team and couldn't play on our basketball team but is a very good football player and an important asset to our team. Obviously the first statement means I hate him, or something like that....