2017 Spring Practice

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Pretty cool about the QBs. Love hearing that all the QBs have CPJ's confidence. Lucas was throwing with the 1's and Taquan was throwing with the 2's. That's interesting. Seems like CPJ is giving all the guys every chance to show what they have.

I was really impressed with Jay Jones's senior film. Showed a LOT of passing progression between his junior and senior season. If reports of his passing has taken another improvement on this level that's spectacular because no one doubts his ability with the ball in his hands. Hope he gets to play Friday.

If one of the younger guys takes hold of the position, GT could be in for some special years similar to what JeT did for us in 2014 and last year. Our OL and DL are getting better, and CPJ has been recruiting really well the past 3 years. Defense is getting more athletic and faster with some of last year's recruits.

Pretty pumped for the Spring Game.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Very capable and experienced QB starting, very talented young QBs vying for playing time. Embarrassment of riches? 4-5 WRs expected to contribute. At least as many ABs. Stud BB with 2 talented frosh backups. Maybe our best and deepest OL of the CPJ era? Gotta keep em all heathy.

The fact the 1st team D has had some days / moments against them is encouraging for that side also.

That vols video practicing to fight off cut blocks......it looks like they have never done that drill before....

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I will go on record and state, I hope a young guy like Jay Jones WINS the job, because it would be nice to have another 3-4 starter if he wins the job and is good enough.

So for me, I am personally pulling for him. If TM or MJ win great, then they deserve it too. But I just love the idea of a dynamic talent that wins the job young here for a few more years.