2017 Coaching Carousel

GTJackets

Ramblin' Wreck
Alabama DC Jeremy Pruitt turned down UT's offer of 5 million a season so it's on to Tucker,Steele or Martin.

The word going around is Phil Fulmer will announce the new Tennessee head football coach on Thursday and it will either be Kevin Steele,Jeremy Pruitt or Mel Tucker.

The Volnation posters seem to think Alabama DC Jeremy Pruitt will be named Tennessee head football coach tomorrow.

Alabama DC Jeremy Pruitt will be named the new head football coach of Tennessee at a 1 PM Press Conference in Knoxville

https://twitter.com/JohnDBrice1

Tennessee finalized a contract with Jeremy Pruitt for 6 years for 4.1-4.2 million dollars a season.

So what have we learned here?
1. Pruitt is not really bright or confident in his own abilities: "Come on, guys. $5 mil? Seriously? I'm not worth that. How's about we knock that down a few hundred thou?"
or
2. You can't believe everything you read on the internet. The media likes to throw as much info out there as they can to see what sticks. Then they will pat themselves on the back with things like "as I reported last week..."
or
c. both of the above

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
So what have we learned here?
1. Pruitt is not really bright or confident in his own abilities: "Come on, guys. $5 mil? Seriously? I'm not worth that. How's about we knock that down a few hundred thou?"
or
2. You can't believe everything you read on the internet. The media likes to throw as much info out there as they can to see what sticks. Then they will pat themselves on the back with things like "as I reported last week..."
or
c. both of the above
He's getting paid less than Butch Jones did in 2015-2017 when he was paid 4.3 million dollars.

Last edited:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
So far Jeremy Pruitt has hired USC QB Coach-Passing Coordinator Tyson Helton,Colorado State OC-OL Coach Will Friend,Colorado State DB Coach(and Former UT All American CB)Terry Fair,and Tennessee RB Coach Robert Gillespie.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
3 of the 4 coaches in the playoffs this year had no HC experience and were promoted to HC from coordinators: Kirby Smart, Dabo Swinney, Lincoln Riley.

A good coach is a good coach. Period.
100% of the coaches fired were former assistant coaches. Hiring coaches is a crap shoot unless you hire someone like Saban that has won everywhere. :)