2017 ACC Baseball

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
After BC's win, GT win, Pitt loss, FSU win, Duke win, NCST win today (VT and Miami postponed tonight):

6) NCST 15-13
7) Miami 13-13
8) FSU 13-14
9) Duke 12-16 (Duke holds tiebreaker)
10) GT 11-17
11) ND 10-18 (ND holds tiebreaker)
12) VT 9-18 (GT holds tiebreaker)
13) BC 9-19
14) Pitt 8-20 (GT holds tiebreaker)

We are now guaranteed to be above Pitt. If we do have the tiebreaker over BC, then we are guaranteed at worst 12th. I've heard the tiebreaker after head to head is record vs highest seeded common ACC opponent (which would go to us since we beat UNC 1 game and they got swept---we both got swept by Lville). So, let's root for a BC sweep and a Miami sweep now...I think.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
After BC's win, GT win, Pitt loss, FSU win, Duke win, NCST win today (VT and Miami postponed tonight):

6) NCST 15-13
7) Miami 13-13
8) FSU 13-14
10) GT 11-17
13) BC 9-19

We are now guaranteed to be above Pitt. If we do have the tiebreaker over BC, then we are guaranteed at worst 12th. I've heard the tiebreaker after head to head is record vs highest seeded common ACC opponent (which would go to us since we beat UNC 1 game and they got swept---we both got swept by Lville). So, let's root for a BC sweep and a Miami sweep now...I think.
After thinking about it...since BC and ND play each other, assuming we do have the tiebreaker over BC, then we at worst will finish 12th. One of either BC or ND will finish 13th or 14th after their next two games.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer

6) NCST 15-13
7) Miami 13-13
8) FSU 13-14
10) GT 11-17
13) BC 9-19

I concur with all of this. FWIW. ...GO JACKETS!!!!!

...& Eagles

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
0805-knot-a-problem.jpg

hearing-aid-250x150.jpg

220px-African_Bush_Elephant.jpg

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
What we want to happen in rest of ACC series:
Duke at UNC - UNC win both
VT at Miami (DH) - Miami sweep
ND at BC - BC win both
FSU at UL - doesn't really matter
Pitt at WF - doesn't really matter
Clem at NCST - doesn't really matter

Even if we sweep UVA, we can't move above MIA, FSU, NCST. Duke is the only team currently above us that we could potentially pass (and that requires us to sweep UVA and Duke to lose next two to UNC). We want ND and VT to stay below us.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
What we want to happen in rest of ACC series:
Duke at UNC - UNC win both
VT at Miami (DH) - Miami sweep
ND at BC - BC win both
FSU at UL - doesn't really matter
Pitt at WF - doesn't really matter
Clem at NCST - doesn't really matter

Even if we sweep UVA, we can't move above MIA, FSU, NCST. Duke is the only team currently above us that we could potentially pass (and that requires us to sweep UVA and Duke to lose next two to UNC). We want ND and VT to stay below us.

Not to be too obtuse, but if we want to finish #10, and we are #10 right now, wouldn't we prefer to stay behind Duke in the standings? What am I missing?

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
Not to be too obtuse, but if we want to finish #10, and we are #10 right now, wouldn't we prefer to stay behind Duke in the standings? What am I missing?
I won't speak for @RoosterJacket but I think a better way to state my position is #9 OR #10 is good (relative to 11/12). I think the consensus is #9, while mathematically possible... is so unlikely it is hardly worth mentioning. #11 or #12 is not good. Getting past Duke and staying ahead of ND is great, though.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I posted this over on UVA thread by mistake. Belongs here....
BC doing their part. Beats ND today. We simply need 1 more W to secure no lower than 10th.
Let's go BC tomorrow! Or we could just win; however, I feel BC has a better shot of beating ND than we do of beating UVA tomorrow.

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
We can finish no worse than 11th. With a win today (or a BC win today), we get to 10th. That keeps us away from pool with Louisville & one with UNC. If that's not in the cards (we end up 11th), I'd really like to avoid Louisville. For that to happen, we need a Louisville win or UNC loss.

Today's wishlist:
GT beats UVA
or
BC beats ND
AND
Louisville beats FSU
or
Duke beats UNC

ND is in the tournament. That's 11 teams IN. The final spot will go to BC, Pitt, or VT. Pretty sure all 3 still have a path (i.e. last games of season & no team is eliminated). That is s good thing.