2017-18 Starting lineup/rotation

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
In some level of seriousness at this point, neither Moses or Cole have the pedigree you would expect for someone who is coming into the ACC and starting day one. Cole more than Moses but not a lock by any stretch. Okogie's experience or rather impact for a moderately heralded BB recruit is rare - not impossible but expecting it 2 years in a row would be within sight of lightning striking the same place twice.

I continue to think Moses is further away between the 2 but it is for sure up to play on the court at this point. In reality I expect we will not depend on either as the primary option at the 4 for a while. Either go small or big.

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
In some level of seriousness at this point, neither Moses or Cole have the pedigree you would expect for someone who is coming into the ACC and starting day one. Cole more than Moses but not a lock by any stretch. Okogie's experience or rather impact for a moderately heralded BB recruit is rare - not impossible but expecting it 2 years in a row would be within sight of lightning striking the same place twice.

I continue to think Moses is further away between the 2 but it is for sure up to play on the court at this point. In reality I expect we will not depend on either as the primary option at the 4 for a while. Either go small or big.

I don’t know how to say this any clearer and please don’t take this as any disrespect to you @YlJacket, Moses is the starter at the 4. This is not my opinion, this is not me wishing, this is not me comparing high school regions, players’ heights, or players’ weights. This is from the staff, “Moses is the starter at the 4.”

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don’t know how to say this any clearer and please don’t take this as any disrespect to you @YlJacket, Moses is the starter at the 4. This is not my opinion, this is not me wishing, this is not me comparing high school regions, players’ heights, or players’ weights. This is from the staff, “Moses is the starter at the 4.”

Not taking it that way just not sure if that is good news or bad news. I am hoping for the second lightning strike

FYI I did see him play last year against kids I coached. To be clear no question about having ACC level athleticism

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
Not taking it that way just not sure if that is good news or bad news. I am hoping for the second lightning strike

FYI I did see him play last year against kids I coached. To be clear no question about having ACC level athleticism

It’s good news. The kid can play and he came on very late. DLaB found a diamond in a bag of Kingford Charcoal and Rev is cutting and polishing it into a sparkling thing of beauty.

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
It’s good news. The kid can play and he came on very late. DLaB found a diamond in a bag of Kingford Charcoal and Rev is cutting and polishing it into a sparkling thing of beauty.

Jump, I'm a believer. Can't wait to see what he adds to the squad.

For those of us that haven't seen him, what should we be expecting skill wise? I suspect he's good on D and the boards due to his height/wingspan, but can he shoot it?

Jumpman

Ramblin' Wreck
Jump, I'm a believer. Can't wait to see what he adds to the squad.

For those of us that haven't seen him, what should we be expecting skill wise? I suspect he's good on D and the boards due to his height/wingspan, but can he shoot it?

From what I’m being told he can shoot, plays defense, and hustles. He’s doing all that the coaches are asking him to do. He’s not a one and done but has the potential to be a pro with some years of hard work. I see him as a four year player who plays his butt off, gets his degree, and then plays pro.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
Last year I would say the other way around. He played on the perimeter and looked to shoot from 3 or mid range with some drives. What he didn't do - at least when I saw him - was look to use his athleticism to dominate on defense or on the boards. He was good on the boards but not what you would expect given his athletic advantage over the kids he was playing.

He played as a true stretch 4. Didn't really look to be the guy in the paint. He was awesome when he could simply use athleticism running or jumping. He did not excell at the physical part of the game. That is the transition I (and others) thought he would need time to make the transition for. My comments are from a very limited sample as I didn't follow Enloe or expect he would be going to GT to watch more.