2016 Depth Chart.

Milwaukee

Banned
Because none of those BB have proven to be a stud yet, if mills out plays them significantly why would you not play him? Put the best 11 on the field if you want to win. Cpj said he's already pushing marshall for playing time. If mills can equal or better laskey or days then play him, I would have loved to have either laskey or days last year, and I think mills has a higher upside than either one of those guys.

MM still gets no respect, I don't get it. If you can't see that he is special, then you just can't see talent. Pretty cut and dry.

Marshall will start and get the majority of the snaps until he leaves Tech. All the CPJ stuff in the papers is just to keep MM motivated and working hard.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
MM still gets no respect, I don't get it. If you can't see that he is special, then you just can't see talent. Pretty cut and dry.

Marshall will start and get the majority of the snaps until he leaves Tech. All the CPJ stuff in the papers is just to keep MM motivated and working hard.

I think MM has a chance to be a very special BB for us, but I am not so quick to forget Leggett, who was a higher rated recruit than MM. While MM has the experience of playing last year, I am excited to see the competition develop between the two. It can only be a good thing when we have those two, plus QW and Mills in the rotation.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

We haven't even seen Leggett or Quaide carry once yet. Hold your horses and we'll see the cream rise to the top. We have an abundance of talent at the position and that is all good to me.

Milwaukee

Banned
I think MM has a chance to be a very special BB for us, but I am not so quick to forget Leggett, who was a higher rated recruit than MM. While MM has the experience of playing last year, I am excited to see the competition develop between the two. It can only be a good thing when we have those two, plus QW and Mills in the rotation.

Most definitely. I'm excited about Leggett and Mills, especially Mills.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer

No one said he's not special, but if you think he's at an allstar level you obviously can't see talent lol. And to say he will get the majority of the snaps while he is at GT is crazy, you have no clue how any of the other BB will do because you haven't seen any of them in a true game yet. you do know guys get passed up on the depth chart right? Look at Keith Marshall he was a special player yet a lower ranked Chubb passed him up, if someone understands football they should know that. (Not trying to come across rude)

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer

Eh, leggett was a tad higher but not by leaps and bounds.

Milwaukee

Banned
No one said he's not special, but if you think he's at an allstar level you obviously can't see talent lol. And to say he will get the majority of the snaps while he is at GT is crazy, you have no clue how any of the other BB will do because you haven't seen any of them in a true game yet. you do know guys get passed up on the depth chart right? Look at Keith Marshall he was a special player yet a lower ranked Chubb passed him up, if someone understands football they should know that. (Not trying to come across rude)

No offense taken mate.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
We haven't even seen Leggett or Quaide carry once yet. Hold your horses and we'll see the cream rise to the top. We have an abundance of talent at the position and that is all good to me.
So are you suggesting that talent and instinct can beat out experience? At our feature back spot? I don't know if we can plug-and-play like that, 'cheese. ;)

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Cpt Obvious: the official depth chart will be on ramblinwreck.com. This one or Rivals are just educated guestimates.

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member
Eh, leggett was a tad higher but not by leaps and bounds.

That depends on what you mean by a "tad." Leggett was ranked fairly significantly higher by every recruiting service except Scout.

ESPN Grade Rivals Grade 247 Grade Scout
Leggett 4* 81 3* 5.7 3* 0.8570 3*
Marshall 3* 74 3* 5.5 3* 0.8442 3*

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
Post spring depth charts are just good to fill in the discussion gaps between spring and fall camps. We might get a glimpse at the dept chart in late August. My only hope is that injuries don't play the deciding role in the depth chart. Guys can make a big jump between spring and fall, depending on how bad they want to.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
So are you suggesting that talent and instinct can beat out experience? At our feature back spot? I don't know if we can plug-and-play like that, 'cheese. ;)
Nice. Only Leggett has been here longer than Marshall and Quaide's been here equal time although minus game reps.

Nevertheless, I'm eager to see it play out. It's Marshall's to lose at this point. Also, there's no guarantee a guy will develop as expected like others have before.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
We may lack experience this year but we shouldn't lack any depth as far as any of the specialty postions go. 3 years in a row I felt like we got a potential stud at BB in Leggett, MM, and DM. Last year barring injury I believe CJ would've started and MM would've gotten some decent snaps as the backup. This year I think those roles are reversed but with DM making a case that he may be the best of the 3 as far as ability but he just doesn't have enough experience to unseat the other 2, YET.

Jacketfish

Jolly Good Fellow
I guess everyone is writing Marcus Allen off. I agree that MM, CJ, and DM all have higher ceilings but if MA can stay healthy, I think he will be in that number 3 spot and we redshirt DM.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Allen was our BB last year when not hurt, although MM obviously showed more potential. I am ambivalent about who plays, because if the upside of Marshall is beat out by someone else who can stay healthy, then we'll be in great shape. We are exactly in the opposite situation as last year depth-wise at BB, although experience is still on the thin side.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
The bottom line--if we don't have good production out of bback then something is really wrong. Not saying it won't happen but 3-9 was pretty much unimaginable last yr.

Blumpkin Souffle

Bidly Biddington III
That depends on what you mean by a "tad." Leggett was ranked fairly significantly higher by every recruiting service except Scout.

Leggett 4* 81 3* 5.7 3* 0.8570 3*
Marshall 3* 74 3* 5.5 3* 0.8442 3*
TBF Marcus Allen matches up pretty evenly with those guys, although he was recruited as an athlete

3* 78 3* 5.7 3* 0.8570 3*