2015 Warmest Year on Record

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
And climate science is all theory. Like much other science, it’s not scientific law. But so many “scientists” on the left believe their theories so strongly as to treat them as law, and want global economic action that would devastate world economies.

And yet no climate model has ever been accurate and no one can really measure solar impact on global climate. Geniuses can be idiots too.

The weather guy seems to whiff on the 5-day forecast about half the time but we are supposed to believe the scientists saying we are going to burn to a crisp in a dozen years. Yeah, okay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deleted member 2897

The weather guy seems to whiff on the 5-day forecast about half the time but we are supposed to believe the scientists saying we are going to burn to a crisp in a dozen years. Yeah, okay.

Our local station gives money to charity when they are within 6 degrees with their 1 day forecast. (+/- 3 degrees). They are correct about 60%-70% of the time. So pathetic - within SIX DEGREES at dinner time for the next day’s high.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Our local station gives money to charity when they are within 6 degrees with their 1 day forecast. (+/- 3 degrees). They are correct about 60%-70% of the time. So pathetic - within SIX DEGREES at dinner time for the next day’s high.

Way before global warming was a topic of conversation, one of my math professors showed us how it was nearly impossible to predict the weather with any degree of accuracy beyond three days using chaos theory. What he showed us just seemed “academic” at the time but I’m reminded how practical that lesson actually was every time I look at a weather forecast.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck

False equivalency. That’d be kinda like if you said,
“The local sports guy can’t even predict how many 1st downs Alabama will get in tomorrow’s game, but we are supposed to believe ESPN saying Bama Football will have a bigger budget than Vanderbilt in ten years.”
(Had to substitute Vandy for GT due to CGC effect [emoji6])

Daily weather forecasting is not long range climate science.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
“The local sports guy can’t even predict how many 1st downs Alabama will get in tomorrow’s game, but we are supposed to believe ESPN saying Bama Football will have a bigger budget than Vanderbilt in ten years.”

Wrong. The equivalency is that both are complex systems and both require an accurate assessment of initial conditions.

Carry on.

Animal02

Banned

That makes no sense whatsoever but if it helps you believe in the hoax....go for it.

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Sure weather forecasting and climate science and two different complex systems. Thank you for calling out your own bogus attempt to link the two.

Animal02

Banned
And climate science is all theory. Like much other science, it’s not scientific law. But so many “scientists” on the left believe their theories so strongly as to treat them as law, and want global economic action that would devastate world economies.

And yet no climate model has ever been accurate and no one can really measure solar impact on global climate. Geniuses can be idiots too.
The climate change science has all the attributes of pseudo science.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
Sure weather forecasting and climate science and two different complex systems. Thank you for calling out your own bogus attempt to link the two.

My point, genius, is that if the scientists haven’t figured out how to give an accurate 5-day forecast how are you going to get an accurate 10-year forecast? Even though they are two different, but obviously related, systems they are very complex and very difficult to predict with any accuracy...impossible if you don’t accurately assess the initial conditions. Maybe the best proof of this are all of the failed predictions so far. I remember reading 30 or so years ago that rainwater was going to have the pH of battery acid by now. Do you see anybody wearing hazmat suits when it rains?

GT_EE78

Banned

upload_2019-9-10_9-23-34.jpeg

Deleted member 2897

I get where you're coming from, but your analogy with football was terrible. We can look at where high and low pressure systems are, where the jet stream is, what temperatures are just west of us to see what's coming and how those temperatures have changed in recent days, and you can pretty accurately model what you think is coming. All of this literally has zero to do with a sports game.

What weather forecasters and climate scientists do have in common is they work off models. The long term models they both use are wrong the vast majority of the time. And that's a big issue with climate science. When the topic comes up with my left leaning friends, they just can't figure out how I can agree with them that humans are polluting the planet and affecting the climate, but then disagree on public policy recommendations. I explain its not very different from economics when you think about it either. We both want public policies that help lift people out of poverty, but we completely disagree on what those policies are. I don't think they're dumb for disagreeing with me, and I don't try and force them to agree with me under threat of harassment and violence. That's unfortunately the fascism we've come to know and loathe - if you disagree with them, you're stupid, dangerous, and so on. Their own climate models are typically wrong, and they also cannot guarantee any outcome if we all stopped driving (for example). So they've given me no reason to take their public policy recommendations seriously - especially given the tremendous negative they'd be to everyone's lives and prosperity.

Animal02

Banned
I get where you're coming from, but your analogy with football was terrible. We can look at where high and low pressure systems are, where the jet stream is, what temperatures are just west of us to see what's coming and how those temperatures have changed in recent days, and you can pretty accurately model what you think is coming. All of this literally has zero to do with a sports game.

What weather forecasters and climate scientists do have in common is they work off models. The long term models they both use are wrong the vast majority of the time. And that's a big issue with climate science. When the topic comes up with my left leaning friends, they just can't figure out how I can agree with them that humans are polluting the planet and affecting the climate, but then disagree on public policy recommendations. I explain its not very different from economics when you think about it either. We both want public policies that help lift people out of poverty, but we completely disagree on what those policies are. I don't think they're dumb for disagreeing with me, and I don't try and force them to agree with me under threat of harassment and violence. That's unfortunately the fascism we've come to know and loathe - if you disagree with them, you're stupid, dangerous, and so on. Their own climate models are typically wrong, and they also cannot guarantee any outcome if we all stopped driving (for example). So they've given me no reason to take their public policy recommendations seriously - especially given the tremendous negative they'd be to everyone's lives and prosperity.
Human activity impacting the climate is like if every human peed in the ocean to raise the water level. ;)

GT_05

Helluva Engineer